Slept on it for 2 nights. I’d cut Agholar if I was in charge of personnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I saw this morning that 69% of Agholor’s 2019 snaps have come from the slot. So they’re not just forcing a square peg into a round hole.

It’s just a disaster season for Agholor. He had a lucky TD year in 2017 and everyone around him was great. Last year his TDs regressed to the mean. This year he has two guys who have combined for 1 catch over the last 6 weeks lining up next to him and he is mentally shot.
    Not really "great". Torrey Smith was pretty bad in the regular season, from a production standpoint. He did his job and it worked, but he wasn't putting up any numbers, and was dropping a lot of balls (until the playoffs). And Asholon was mostly MIA for the first 7 games of the season. You look at the receiver production from that season and it's a wonder the offense was as good as it was.

I did notice in that video IE linked that on a bunch of those plays Agholor was clearly playing inside. I wonder what the percentage of his actual targets is. Most of the plays he's getting killed for have come on the outside and involve his inability to track balls in the air. However much he's playing out there, it's too much. He just doesn't have the skill set for the job.

But if he's lining up 70% of the time in the slot, it's fair to say we're overstating the coaching staff's ineptitude on this. Point taken.

Comment

Yeah I agree that Smith’s impact has probably been overstated. By “great” I just mean that he was on a great team. Wentz was playing at an MVP level. Everything was going right for this team. Agholor’s career season was both a part of that and a result of it.

I’ve seen Agholor track balls in the air while after lining up in the slot. His long TDs against the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Texans. But he is doing an awful job of it this year regardless of where he lines up.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 11-21-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X