Right where they belong 15-13 since LII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right where they belong 15-13 since LII

A dropped pass against Atlanta might change that, but there was a near Carolina-esque bed shit against Chicago. Maybe they punch it against the Lions if J.J. holds on, not a guarantee at all, getting off to a 17-0 deficit to a hideous Skins team required DeSean coming to the rescue. Great win at Lambeau followed up by no shows at the Vikings and Cowboys. Agholor holds on Sunday, it’s only tied assuming the extra point is good.

This is what you get by allowing sentimentality to enter personnel decisions, sitting on your hands at the trade deadline because you wouldn’t give up a #2 for Robby Anderson.

Wentz regressing due to poor coaching and the fact he hasn’t gotten that statement win yet. Had a chance to hit Hollins for a splash play he came closer to hitting Brady standing on the opposite sideline.

It doesn’t take forever anymore to become a legit contender the problem lies with the FO ability to bring in legit talent.

I feel like Jim Mora when asked about the playoffs, banking on another team to lose might work, but I’d rather kick the door down myself, this team seems incapable of it.

I’m not sure where sentimentality has entered personnel decisions. You could argue Peters and Sproles, but Peters has played well at times and they spent a first on his replacement. Sproles shouldn’t have been brought back this season, but it’s not like he was taking carries away from Howard and Sanders.

Other than that...DeSean? All they needed from him was his average output/health over the past three or so seasons. No one could have predicted that he’d only start and finish one game.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I’m not sure where sentimentality has entered personnel decisions. You could argue Peters and Sproles, but Peters has played well at times and they spent a first on his replacement. Sproles shouldn’t have been brought back this season, but it’s not like he was taking carries away from Howard and Sanders.

Other than that...DeSean? All they needed from him was his average output/health over the past three or so seasons. No one could have predicted that he’d only start and finish one game.
      You could argue Brandon Graham, but I don't think it's a terrible contract. Bringing back Darby maybe, but I'd consider extending him for a couple of years based on how he's looking since he got healthy. Putting Peters back in there after Dillard had started to establish himself and the o-line was playing their best ball of the season, and Peterson's inexplicable overuse of Sproles at times both definitely qualify. So would bringing in Jordan Matthews and Jay Ajai off the street, rather than raiding other teams' practice squads for guys who might contribute beyond this season. And the rumored extensions of Ertz and Jenkins (Lane's extension makes perfect sense) definitely have a "keep the band together" vibe.
      Last edited by The Duck; 11-20-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

AGHOLOR

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MWDrexel View Post
          AGHOLOR

Agholor is on the same contract that he was before the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
          X