The more and more I think about it...Reich was the brains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more and more I think about it...Reich was the brains

Jesus the play calling is awful! Three times we had 2nd and 1 and didn't make first down? And WTF is with the inside reverse draw which caused a turnover.

MY BUDDY I SIT WITH AT THE GAMES AND I LOOKED AT EACH ON THAT PLAY AND SAID WHAT THE F ARE THEY DOING?
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-25-2019, 06:35 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

just goes to show just how much Dougie has regressed as a play caller. For whatever the reason is, he has been horrific at game planning and calling plays this year.

Comment

Not for nothing, sometimes it is the team dynamic that makes the difference, Reich/Pederson/DeFilipo all enjoyed more success together than they have separately. I remember how good Trotter was for us, yet he stank on the skins... It isn't always about the individuals, it is the situation. Clearly Doug's current group of assistants don't have the same impact. That needs to be addressed, I think Doug should find an older OC, another ex QB would be even better, someone who can relate to the players from both sides. I don't think Groh has that kind of cred w the players.
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Not for nothing, sometimes it is the team dynamic that makes the difference, Reich/Pederson/DeFilipo all enjoyed more success together than they have separately. I remember how good Trotter was for us, yet he stank on the skins... It isn't always about the individuals, it is the situation. Clearly Doug's current group of assistants don't have the same impact. That needs to be addressed, I think Doug should find an older OC, another ex QB would be even better, someone who can relate to the players from both sides. I don't think Groh has that kind of cred w the players.
          This. Preferably someone like Schwartz... a good coordinator who proved to be overmatched as a Head Coach. A young guy will be poached as soon as he has any success at all.

Jay Gruden would be a good hire.

Comment

yupp and a better QB coach, and a better Dee Co,,if Shwartz was any good someone would have offered him a job after winning the SB....again applause for the dee the last month,,I give the players all the credit in that dept...the coaching has been turrible....let someone else call the plays dougie
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Don't want Jay Gruden anywhere near this team. If Dan Quinn gets fired he was an outstanding defensive coordinator. Offensive not sure who is out there or available yet. But Quinn probably gets boot.

Edit to add: not going against you Duck just don't want any foreskin stink around the Eagles.
              Last edited by Spartan92; 11-25-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I was watching Pro Football Talk on tv and Chris Simms said there's an old saying in the NFL: "If you're staying the same you're getting worse" in support of suggesting that Gomer's scheme isn't fooling anyone anymore.

I imagine promoting a lightweight from within is more likely to make that saying happen.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                  Don't want Jay Gruden anywhere near this team. If Dan Quinn gets fired he was an outstanding defensive coordinator. Offensive not sure who is out there or available yet. But Quinn probably gets boot.

Edit to add: not going against you Duck just don't want any foreskin stink around the Eagles.
                  I'd be all in on Quinn!
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

I'd be all in on Quinn!
                    Schwartz isn't going anywhere; not that I think he should get fired but I'd be okay with a change - a wise poster on this thread posted an old nfl saying that I agree with and think can be applied to Schwartz.

Groh should be an easy decision but if the offense gets any kind of traction and close the season strong he will get the "but...injuries!" benefit of the doubt for the season. Didn't this guy get fired by his dad once? FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                      Jesus the play calling is awful! Three times we had 2nd and 1 and didn't make first down? And WTF is with the inside reverse draw which caused a turnover.
                      Colts are 6-5 in 2nd place and scored 244 points this year..... Eagles 5-6 in 2nd place and scored 247 points......

Comment

Working...
                      X