Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s say that the issue isn’t the WRs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s say that the issue isn’t the WRs...

What is the answer as to why Wentz is so awful right now?

The same thing is happening to Goff (even worse) and he has Cooks, Kupp, Woods and an all-pro RB.

It just makes no sense...

After reading a couple of posts here/twitter posts of analysts (former QB's like Orlovsky) pointing out what the WR's were doing, it really opened my eyes to how bad they have been. I missed the game, but, for example, that third down throw to JJAW (I think) that looked like a total wormburner - WR ran a bad route and was out of position.

I'm backing off Wentz a tad. He has his own issues but it is clear to me that his WR's are at a level of bad that shouldn't exist in the NFL. Tom Brady is struggling with what he has in NE and Edelman is an all pro compared to what we have out there. Just a bad situation.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

HE COMPLETELY LOST HIS MOJO, LOST HIS CONFIDENCE. O-LINE ALWAYS IN FLUX, RECIEVERS CAN'T BE COUNTED ON TO PRETTY MUCH DO ANYTHING RIGHT.

I BELIEVE HE'S PUTTING TO MUCH PRESSURE ON HIMSELF TO LIVE UP TO THE FOLES AREA.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        HE COMPLETELY LOST HIS MOJO, LOST HIS CONFIDENCE. O-LINE ALWAYS IN FLUX, RECIEVERS CAN'T BE COUNTED ON TO PRETTY MUCH DO ANYTHING RIGHT.

I BELIEVE HE'S PUTTING TO MUCH PRESSURE ON HIMSELF TO LIVE UP TO THE FOLES AREA.
        I wonder if there might be some pressure because of how well Dak is playing as well. I hate to admit it, but he’s been very good this season.

Comment

Foles Schmoles

The receivers are not recognizing cover 1 versus cover 2 and do not adequately react to the leverage being played by the DBs.

Additionally they are failing to execute their vertical releases.

Nor are they using proper technique when the safety opens his hips and runs to collision on an inside release, which should be countered by a speed release outside, to bait him and win back inside with a violent rip.

They also fail to high point the ball at optimum ups.

Its simple and clear as a bell.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I was hard on Wentz too but I’m coming around that it falls away from supporting cast being woefully inadequate. My concern now is the organization. Short of 2017 run when in Lurie area have they really built talent around a qb. Having Pinkston/Thrash flashbacks.

Comment

Besides the WRs, the OL is the problem right now. Johnson is the best RT in football. Brooks is the best RG in football. Wentz understandably has no confidence in his receivers, so you take away one or both of those guys and things will get ugly.

Wentz is a much different case from Goff. IMO Goff was never very good. He was the product of a great OL and scheme. Now he’s being exposed. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Wentz is good enough to be a long-term starter, but all of the team’s problems have compounded themselves and Wentz’s play is suffering.

I don’t think Dak has much to do with anything.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                What is the answer as to why Wentz is so awful right now?

The same thing is happening to Goff (even worse) and he has Cooks, Kupp, Woods and an all-pro RB.

It just makes no sense...
                Gurley hasn't been himself since late last year. Right now he's just an average back that defenses have no need to gameplan for, and Goff's weaknesses (which were always apparent) are being exposed.

In Wentz's case, we have an entire season of evidence that no receiver on this team has the first clue of where to be or what to do on any given play. At this point, coaching is looking like the most likely culprit. Carson Walch is going to be the first one pushed off the boat as soon as this season is over.
                Last edited by The Duck; 11-26-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

Was going to post the same thing, could not have said it better, really I could not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Gurley hasn't been himself since late last year. Right now he's just an average back that defenses have no need to gameplan for, and Goff's weaknesses (which were always apparent) are being exposed.

In Wentz's case, we have an entire season of evidence that no receiver on this team has the first clue of where to be or what to do on any given play. At this point, coaching is looking like the most likely culprit. Carson Walch is going to first one pushed off the boat as soon as this season is over.
                    That Orlovsky video illustrated to me how little I really know about football. That JJAW throw looked like a total dud, worm burner. In fact, it was a perfectly thrown ball to where a competent WR would have run the route. Could be 20 other throws like that I have criticized. I'm still confident that Wentz is off and needs to improve but the waters have been muddied for me a bit.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

For years we talked about how McNabb's wideouts blew. The current crop of WRs are a shitstorm compared to Pinkston, Thrash and whomever else Andy ran out there.
                      Pinkston would be the go-to guy with the current crop and Thrash would be an upgrade over any of them.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

That Orlovsky video illustrated to me how little I really know about football. That JJAW throw looked like a total dud, worm burner. In fact, it was a perfectly thrown ball to where a competent WR would have run the route. Could be 20 other throws like that I have criticized. I'm still confident that Wentz is off and needs to improve but the waters have been muddied for me a bit.
                        This has muddied them more than a bit for me ... but I agree that there are things he's doing that need improvement.

However, I doubt he would be taking as much shit for the mistakes that are on him, if it wasn't compounded by taking shit for things that are actually someone else's fault.
                        Last edited by slag; 11-26-2019, 03:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I know... what we see in real time isn't always reality. It's one of the cool things about the game.

As sickening as that video was, I couldn't have been more relieved by it. Replacing a receivers coach is a hell of a lot easier than replacing a franchise QB you just locked up for the better part of a decade.

Plus, any "Carson sucks" posts I may have written are still technically accurate and immune to any future geighbacking.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Foles Schmoles

The receivers are not recognizing cover 1 versus cover 2 and do not adequately react to the leverage being played by the DBs.

Additionally they are failing to execute their vertical releases.

Nor are they using proper technique when the safety opens his hips and runs to collision on an inside release, which should be countered by a speed release outside, to bait him and win back inside with a violent rip.

They also fail to high point the ball at optimum ups.

Its simple and clear as a bell.
                            WHO IS SCHMOLES?
                            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-26-2019, 04:08 PM.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I thought I'd at least get a chuckle from the bullshit coach speak ... and I get this instead.

I guess I deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X