Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roob breaks down our sweet WR position and how we got here

Amen, Roob..
    Whether it’s drafting Josh Huff in the 3rd round in 2014 or trading Dennis Kelly for Dorial Green-Beckham in the summer of 2016 or signing guys like Rueben Randle and Chris Givens in 2016 or Mike Wallace, Markus Wheaton and Kamar Aiken last year, the Howie Roseman-led front office has struggled for years evaluating wide receivers.

This year, it’s been worse than ever.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-wide-receiver
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-26-2019, 02:39 PM.

I assume the ex-WR coach, who's now coordinating the offense, has a say on who plays WR ... so how does he leave Ward off the roster until forced to put him out there?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      Amen, Roob..
      Whether it’s drafting Josh Huff in the 3rd round in 2014 or trading Dennis Kelly for Dorial Green-Beckham in the summer of 2016 or signing guys like Rueben Randle and Chris Givens in 2016 or Mike Wallace, Markus Wheaton and Kamar Aiken last year, the Howie Roseman-led front office has struggled for years evaluating wide receivers.

This year, it’s been worse than ever.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...-wide-receiver
      He nails it. Mix in the inept drafting and other roster fuckups. If I’m looking for a “fall guy,” it’s Hoseman.
      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post

He nails it. Mix in the inept drafting and other roster fuckups. If I’m looking for a “fall guy,” it’s Hoseman.
        While he has sucked at drafting WRs, they've also drafted Pro Bowl caliber players at other positions. Maybe Lurie should stop buddying up to players like Peters, who are liabilities at this point in their careers.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Roob doesn't nail anything, story or otherwise. This guy GM'd them to a SB two years ago. He ain't the fall guy yet.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Roob doesn't nail anything, story or otherwise. This guy GM'd them to a SB two years ago. He ain't the fall guy yet.
            Yup. He gets a lifetime pass. Be objective and look st his overall track record. Not good. But, he gets a pass bexauss of a lighting-in-a-bottle Super Bowl Run.
            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Yup. He gets a lifetime pass. Be objective and look st his overall track record. Not good. But, he gets a pass bexauss of a lighting-in-a-bottle Super Bowl Run.
              Not good at certain positions, but excellent at the premier positions. Be objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

Not good at certain positions, but excellent at the premier positions. Be objective.
                Examples?
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

To be fair Howie liked that Huff’s scouting report talked about his guns.

Comment

Examples?
                    2012 & 2013 drafts were both objectively great drafts. 2016 was also really good, provided Wentz returns to form (he will). If we're going to kill him for botching the WR position, he at least deserves credit for adding Lane and Brooks (and Seumalo, to a lesser extent) to a line which already had Peters and Kelce.

I don't know how to judge Howie, because of the #diamondjoe factor. All I know is, the first draft they worked together ('17) was a disaster, but the offseason acquisitions were great for that season. Only the people in the building really know who gets the credit and who gets the blame. I think the coming draft and offseason are going to be pretty close to make-or-break for him. Maybe the next two.
                    Last edited by The Duck; 11-28-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I think many of his decisions in putting the current roster together were horrendous. Old guys - with injury histories, too much money for old guys and some head-scratching extensions. Those decisions have serious cap implications for at least next season. And his tendency to go for “cute” picks like Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc. and not moving on from some quickly enough. I agree with you about not knowing exactly WHO did what. But, he’s getting the praise for 2017, so I’m pointing my finger st him for everything since.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I think many of his decisions in putting the current roster together were horrendous. Old guys - with injury histories, too much money for old guys and some head-scratching extensions. Those decisions have serious cap implications for at least next season. And his tendency to go for “cute” picks like Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc. and not moving on from some quickly enough. I agree with you about not knowing exactly WHO did what. But, he’s getting the praise for 2017, so I’m pointing my finger st him for everything since.
                        The "cute" picks have NEVER worked for Howie (or Banner before him). They need to figure out how to scrub that from their decision making process. As others have said, take a year and focus on drafting reliable SEC talent. Big 10, Big 12, whatever. Keep it simple.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                        X