So Ward has a pretty good game last Sunday buuuuuuuut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Ward has a pretty good game last Sunday buuuuuuuut

Coach decides to start Mr. out of position, I got the drops JJAW outside instead? Does this make any sense to anyone at all?

Is it because he was a 2nd round pick that he feels forced to start him bc I see no reason not to go with Ward at this point.

Ward is a slot reciever. But Pederson did say he’ll get his opportunities. I think they’ll scale Agholor back.

Comment

Just a guess, but could it be because Ward is playing slot?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        Ward is a slot reciever. But Pederson did say he’ll get his opportunities. I think they’ll scale Agholor back.
        If Agholor plays like he was playing in the slot before they stupidly moved him, I don't think they'll scale back shit.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
          Coach decides to start Mr. out of position, I got the drops JJAW outside instead? Does this make any sense to anyone at all?

Is it because he was a 2nd round pick that he feels forced to start him bc I see no reason not to go with Ward at this point.
          Ward's ceiling is a Greg Lewis type role player, which would be great for the kid. JJ's ceiling is higher, the investment is greater, the need is immediate. Yes, it makes sense to start him outside right now. Possibly the most sensible thing Doug's done all season.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

If Agholor plays like he was playing in the slot before they stupidly moved him, I don't think they'll scale back shit.
            I like Greg Ward and he deserves this opportunity with how shit the receivers have been but at a minimum Agholor is a more effective decoy.

JJAW looks like he's taking Hollins' spot not Ward's and that should have been done weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

JJAW has played almost exclusively on the outside this season. I think this talk about slot vs outside is a little overblown, but it's safe to say that JJAW isn't a slot receiver at this point.

Greg Ward made a few nice catches against soft defense last week, but Nelson Agholor actually commands some respect from the opponents. There is no reason to play Ward instead of Agholor right now.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 11-30-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

ya I would still play the guy who doesn't drop passes game in and game out that's just me. Plus, I do understand I guess the point of starting JJAW against a shit team to get him some confidence but i'd have him and Aggs on a short short leash for sure.

Just wondering do you think Bellichick plays the guy cause of the investment or the possible ceiling or the guy playing better? Not criticizing anyone's comment just a question as to how some organizations go about business guy playing better gets the snaps.

Look how stupid (but thank you) Garrett was Thursday. Zeke running well 1st half then completely abandons running Zeke and bang, loss. Sure there were other factors but there is no legit reason that you are down 13-7 at half and basically stop running Zeke the entire 2nd half on a team in the middle of the pack against the run? Coaching decisions and how to use personnel during the game is a huge factor and haven't seen anything from JJAW or Aggs yet this season not to give Ward chance against a CFL team to see what the guy has.

Comment

Working...
                X