Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gomer's Analytics

On the failed fourth-and-8 conversion:

It was something that I discussed with the guy that’s helping me upstairs with some of the analytics. Where we were on the field, what we were doing offensively at the time, the defense was playing extremely well. We had an opportunity to keep ourselves on the field at that time. So I elected to go for it at that point. And then obviously we didn’t get it, and the defense held

I understand why I'm alone here but I agreed with that decision. This isn't the 1970 NFL. Gomer is ahead of the curve.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Gomer doesn't have the personnel to get cute the way that he often does. It took a miracle for the Giants not to score on the ensuing possession. With the way the defense was playing, you'd think they could have gotten a stop and another possession on a short field.

Comment

Gomerlytics
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

IMO, Seth Joyner's closing comments during the post game show were spot-on...basically said, "Doug's analytics scare me".

I understand wanting to gamble from time to time but that wasn't the time or place for it. Eight yards and at the Giants 43 in the closing minutes of the half and the Giants hadn't done squat up to that point. Everyone in my household were astounded that he would even contemplate it and were even more astounded when he followed through on that idiotic decision.

Comment

If you are tom brady and the patriots you go for it on 4th and 8, not the woefully inconsistent offense and a tottaly decimated defense. ANALytics gets you fired.
          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Perhaps we should turn play calling over to Artificial Intelligence based systems.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

if were on the 39 of the Gints

Maybe, but with what was left in the qrt,,and their production in the 1st half why give them any Life at all????

Lurie is not switching coaches,, so this guy has to improve
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Any other point in the game I'm ok going for it but not when you are risking a short field with 2-3 mins left against a team that at that point couldn't put together a long drive all half.

Comment

I'm excited to use this one

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                  Gomerlytics
                  (c)

For many games to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I understand why I'm alone here but I agreed with that decision. This isn't the 1970 NFL. Gomer is ahead of the curve.
                    NYT Bot said go.for it.

I'm a fan of going for it more on 4th down. The call and Wentz taking a sack were my problem.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Perhaps we should turn play calling over to Artificial Intelligence based systems.
                      Seems like a lot of NFL fans would like that given the reaction to human coaching decisions.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

that

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                        Wentz taking a sack were my problem.
                        Wentz taking the sack was the worst part. He has to know he can't do that.

Comment

He's ahead of the curve alright

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

4th AND 8. ABSURD TO GO FOR, ESPECIALLY AT THAT POINT OF THE GAME WHEN N.Y. WAS TRYING TO.JUST LAY DOWN AND GO FISHING. PUNT EM DEEP. D WAS PLAYING WELL, KEEP THE LID ON EM. JUST DUMB..
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                              4th AND 8. ABSURD TO GO FOR, ESPECIALLY AT THAT POINT OF THE GAME WHEN N.Y. WAS TRYING TO.JUST LAY DOWN AND GO FISHING. PUNT EM DEEP. D WAS PLAYING WELL, KEEP THE LID ON EM. JUST DUMB..
                              I'm sure they would have rolled over if the Eagles has punted. Driving to the 1 and not scoring any points demoralized them to the point of not taking the lead until the 4th quarter.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X