1978, 2001, 2003, 2010, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978, 2001, 2003, 2010, 2017

How many times have the Eagles stuck a last minute or second dagger in the heart of the Giants?

2001 was the last minute TD pass to James Thrash that gave them a 10-9 win.

1988 (Clyde Simmons); 2006 Wild Card...

Comment

I was at the Clyde Simmons game in the Meadowlands.

One of the best parts was a Vagiant fan who was crowing all afternoon about how he had already won two early games in a three-game teaser bet and the Vagiants were his 3d team.

He was getting 6 points because of the 10 you get in the teaser, even with the Vagiants favored at home.

He's a little pissed because when the Eagles lined up for the FG the Vagiants would lose but he'd win 500 bucks.

Blocked ... Clyde runs it in for 6 ... Vagiants lose ... he loses the bet on the 6 point push ... I was laughing so hard I nearly fell over my seat.
      Last edited by slag; 09-25-2017, 01:05 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        How many times have the Eagles stuck a last minute or second dagger in the heart of the Giants?

2001 was the last minute TD pass to James Thrash that gave them a 10-9 win.
        I will always remember the "hook and ladder" play the Giants tried in desperation at the end of the game at the Vet in 2002. My friend and I were going nuts watching that in seemingly slow motion. They came so f*cking close.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

2012 was also an oddity when andy reid called a TO on the last second FG, and then the kicker (can't remember his name) came up short on the second attempt.

aside from the plaxico burress game in 06 (which is still annoying), it seems like we came out on top in these crazy games against the giants.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            2012 was also an oddity when andy reid called a TO on the last second FG, and then the kicker (can't remember his name) came up short on the second attempt.

aside from the plaxico burress game in 06 (which is still annoying), it seems like we came out on top in these crazy games against the giants.
            Actually the kicker made the second attempt as well. That was Reids last win in Philly during his 4-12 swan song season I believe.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

you're misremembering this one, as the giants had the last possession. andy reid iced the giants kicker, who missed the first attempt pretty badly. the second attempt was hit true, but fell way short of the goal posts.

looking up the game summary, it was a 54 yarder. today's kickers don't typically come up as short as he did on that one.

Comment

Working...
              X