Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Elliott make that kick if it's normal weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Elliott make that kick if it's normal weather?

I seem to recall the game where McNabb puked and the Eagles were beaten by a 63 yard field goal was played in conditions similar to yesterday.

There was little to no wind at field level and it was hot as hell. Looking at the flags at at the top of the stadium, what wind there was was blowing against the attempt. I think the ball carries a bit further when it is that hot.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    I seem to recall the game where McNabb puked and the Eagles were beaten by a 63 yard field goal was played in conditions similar to yesterday.

There was little to no wind at field level and it was hot as hell. Looking at the flags at at the top of the stadium, what wind there was was blowing against the attempt. I think the ball carries a bit further when it is that hot.
    100% The heat coming off of the ground/field definitely kept that ball up in the air longer. A game in late Oct and it doesn't get there.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Already went thru my mind

if its late Nov it might not have had the legs,,,but it was summer in Sept....we'll take it
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

NOPE! That will not work in Nov, Dec.
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Fair question to ask... But... Who cares kid hit it and my espresso is especially delicious this morning wooo hooo.
          Still not sure he is the right answer at kicker but fuck he is a hero for a week that's for damn sure

Comment

He doesn't even get a chance to do it

If another Vagiant punter hadn't screwed the pooch.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I was thinking before he kicked it

It's a certified fact that homers are easier to hit and travel further in the hot, humid months.

Maybe this applies to footballs as well.

Then he kicked the field goal.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                If another Vagiant punter hadn't screwed the pooch.
                When I watched the replay I noticed that the Vagiants' punter was wearing some sort of gold chain around his neck.

Ok I get that you are a punter but to me it doesn't make much sense to go on to an NFL playing field with a necklace on.
                --------

Comment

Not feeling the gold chain theory ... but I was so fucking thirsty I overspent for Gatorade and water and never took a piss.

The hot ball makes some sense though.

When I got back from spending halftime in the shade with a liter of water ... the guy next to me was gone, as was his girlfriend.

He later texted me that his girlfriend passed out in the triage tent.

It was really fucking hot there.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Not feeling the gold chain theory ... but I was so fucking thirsty I overspent for Gatorade and water and never took a piss.

The hot ball makes some sense though.

When I got back from spending halftime in the shade with a liter of water ... the guy next to me was gone, as was his girlfriend.

He later texted me that his girlfriend passed out in the triage tent.

It was really fucking hot there.
                    I'm saying wearing a gold chain around your neck on an NFL field is a good way to get yourself hurt.
                    --------

Comment

definitely helped. even with the 100 degree on-field temperature, i'm as incredulous that that kick made it all the way there as i was when bryant made the 62-yarder against us (though it was ridiculously humid in tampa that day).

i could hardly even watch, and i didn't react until i saw the refs signal. i had VERY bad replays of devin hester, nathan vasher, etc. running back short FGs playing in my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X