Sproles Tore His ACL Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sproles Tore His ACL Too

Broke his arm and tore his ACL on the same play.

poop.

Comment

Awful.

wondered why he was holding his knee if he broke his arm. Now we know.

Hope he comes back for another season noe

Comment

I would be shocked if this didn't make him call it a career. Why go through crazy hard rehab to make it back to a sport which probably wouldn't want him at that point. 35 coming back from a broken arm and torn knee ligament...not exactly a lot of demand for that.

Comment

i think i heard he had planned on this being his last season anyway. what a fucking bummer.

Comment

I will take total responsibility for this!

JK!

he's by far my Fav Eagle on the roster,,,fucing Heatbroken for the Guy,, Just awful,,,I hope this isn't the end for him,,and I'd like to say the hit in person was just over the top,,,the guy didn't need to hit him like that to make the play..
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

That sucks wanted to see Mighty Mouse take it to the house ome more time. Guys a warrior.

Comment

That's a bitch

...my understanding was this was to be his last year.

Sucks to finish that way.

I wish him the best.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

This sucks.

When first I heard it was his arm/wrist I thought "ok, maybe it heals up and he is back fresh at the end of the season".

Now I'm hearing in addition to the radius fracture and ACL he also hurt a ligament in his wrist which will require surgery.

Really a shame.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                    Awful.

wondered why he was holding his knee if he broke his arm. Now we know.

Hope he comes back for another season noe
                    Those were exactly my thoughts as well when I saw him holding his knee and then they said it was his wrist/hand. It made no sense...until now.

He's a special guy to have had such a long and productive career when the odds were heavily stacked against him. His saving grace was his thick and strong lower body and he was also strong as hell in the upper body as well. He might be short in stature but he's not a little guy in the least.

Comment

bottom line -- he's loved by the fans here. He's a guy who plays the game in a fashion that resonates with eagles fans.

You'll see Sproles jerseys worn at home games long past his playing days. The city loves an underdog and the dude has been a class act and great eagle from day 1.

If he decides to hang it up I couldn't blame him one bit but really hope he signs on for 1 more year here & finishes his career on the field on a high note.

Comment

good news is that we'll have pumphrey to take over for him next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          bottom line -- he's loved by the fans here. He's a guy who plays the game in a fashion that resonates with eagles fans.

You'll see Sproles jerseys worn at home games long past his playing days. The city loves an underdog and the dude has been a class act and great eagle from day 1.

If he decides to hang it up I couldn't blame him one bit but really hope he signs on for 1 more year here & finishes his career on the field on a high note.
                          One thing that says a lot is that Eagles' fans love him even though he really f*cked up the Eagles in their last playoff appearance.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

AT 34 YEARS OF AGE, SHOULD RETIRE BEFORE HE GETS MORE BEAT UP. RETIREMENT AT 34, BEAUTIFUL THING RIGHT THERE.

OF COURSE I DON'T THINK HE WILL. HE'LL WANT TO PLAY AT LEAST NEXT YEAR AND FINISH STRONG NOW.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

This year's early leader in the clubhouse for the Andy Harmon/Chris T. Jones/Jamie Asher Memorial Award.

Comment

Working...
                              X