Praise for Pederson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for Pederson

Okay, so Pederson definitely gets gully. But everyone is constantly talking about how teams are only successful when they want to play together and players are invested in each other...

Go watch the full highlight of that kick and celebration afterward...Immediately on the field come Wentz, Jenkins, Smith, Jeffrey, Blount, Peters...I noticed it immediately yesterday on TV and keep rewatching it today...

and its not only them, its Kendricks, Goode, Grugier-Hill, Marcus Johnson...the stars and the guys on the frings, reduced roles, whatever guys as well...

Pederson may be a bonehead sometimes but what a difference it makes when the coach can actually inspire a team environment.

I will take a guy like Pederson who I think genuinely cares about this team and city and especially group of players all day.

They care. Excited to get in the locker room together. Confident in their leader. They aren't laughing on the sideline after bungling up plays. It's nice to watch.
    Charismatic megafauna.

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
    Okay, so Pederson definitely gets gully. But everyone is constantly talking about how teams are only successful when they want to play together and players are invested in each other...

Go watch the full highlight of that kick and celebration afterward...Immediately on the field come Wentz, Jenkins, Smith, Jeffrey, Blount, Peters...I noticed it immediately yesterday on TV and keep rewatching it today...

and its not only them, its Kendricks, Goode, Grugier-Hill, Marcus Johnson...the stars and the guys on the frings, reduced roles, whatever guys as well...

Pederson may be a bonehead sometimes but what a difference it makes when the coach can actually inspire a team environment.

I will take a guy like Pederson who I think genuinely cares about this team and city and especially group of players all day.

They care. Excited to get in the locker room together. Confident in their leader. They aren't laughing on the sideline after bungling up plays. It's nice to watch.
    You make my point exactly.. He is necessary as a HC we just need to hire a real OC and take the play calling out of his hands... He just needs to be the glue for the team not the play caller and that I believe would be fine with everyone..
    Last edited by Spartan92; 09-25-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I would be fine with that scenario.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I think seeing Jeffrey and Smith high step out there means a lot. These aren't guys we drafted, they aren't seeking any kind of real career redemption here...yet they are IN and that is cool. Who would be a suitable OC?
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

I'm not saying you're wrong that the guys like playing for Pedey, we have no way of knowing one way or the other because we're not in the locker room, but, I don't know if the team going nuts after a last second, franchise record breaking FG is the perfect example of this.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any player or team that wouldn't have run out on the field in joy after that, whether they loved or hated their coach.

Edit to add: But, if the team does love Dougie and the Birds can put the right coordinators around him, that works for me.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 09-25-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Agree

Comment

It worked with Charlie Manuel.

That being said, the 4th and 8th was beyond stupid. Hopefully he learned.

Comment

Going for it on 4th and 8 was a moronic decision, IMO.

But I can agree if he has the team unified and giving their best that has value.

He definitely gets the rest of this season. Long way to go and there will be time for a full evaluation after it is over.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Good point....

....thanks for pointing that out.

I hope Gomer amends the bonehead play calls and I will review my criticism of him.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                    It worked with Charlie Manuel.

That being said, the 4th and 8th was beyond stupid. Hopefully he learned.
                    "Uncle Gomer" hehehehehe
                    --------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

And that's just another reason he's fat fuck II

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post

Nobody despised fat fuck more than I; but I was always fine with him if they let him coach Monday through Saturday and never let him in the stadium on Sunday. Gomer is pretty much the same.

On another note, Mrs. OB always has said she never trusts a guy who wears a visor. Gomer even wears the damn thing to his press conference! Just sayin'
                      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Frankly, they didn't look any different from any other team that won on a 61 yarder at the gun to me.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Maybe people were expecting the old.......

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          Frankly, they didn't look any different from any other team that won on a 61 yarder at the gun to me.
                          rookie hits first major league home run and is greeted with silence upon his return to the dugout.
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

PS - I will give Gomer this ... he put a quick hook on Warmack for Wiz.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

yeah that seemed to help somewhat, still not confident
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X