Imagine blaming this shitshow season on Ertz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine blaming this shitshow season on Ertz

Admittedly he had a bad game today, which pleased a lot of people here. I just don’t get the hate for a guy who had a Super Bowl winning TD.

The guy is one of the best in the game and has done a ton for this franchise. Just last week he was the only guy making catches. He's a little banged up and gets a pass on an extremely rare bad game.
    Last edited by maggsgsr; 12-01-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

He sucked today but him and Wentz are bottom of the list when it comes to problems with this team. Groh and Gym Shorts need to be gone. Whole secondary is a laughing stock. Receivers flat out blow across the board. Alshon may be the slowest #1 WR ive ever seen. Roseman may actually be head of the snake when it comes to blame. A bunch of shit contracts

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        Admittedly he had a bad game today, which pleased a lot of people here. I just don’t get the hate for a guy who had a Super Bowl winning TD.
        Fucking eh. Don't get all the hate on a guy who set a record for catches in a season last year and if I am not mistaken is the 2nd fastest TE to reach 500 catches if not the fastest. You really gotta shake your head if you think our issues are anywhere related to Ertz. He is so far down the list you shouldn't even be able to see his name.

Comment

It's not hate. You have a logjam at the position and no clue how to use both guys. And you're going into an offseason where you're going to try to replace as many as ten starters. You need assets. You need youth. What you don't need is two premium tight ends.

Keeping and extending Ertz because he caught a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl is the most quintessentially sentimental thing you could possibly do, given the current state of this team.
          Last edited by The Duck; 12-01-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

We know you love Ertz. But you giving Ertz a pass bc of the Superbowl is fugazi to me. That was 2 seasons ago.

No one is dumb enough to blame Ertz on this season but he's emblematic of what is wrong with the team this year. He touches almost every facet. Bloated salary by Howie. Overused / stat padder in the offense by Dougie/Groh/Wentz. Stared down by Wentz. Lack of toughness / No YAC. Offense runs better when he isnt feature. Comes up short when we need him.

Howie and Dougs unwillingness to move onto younger players has hurt this team.
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

how about 2nd quickest to 500 catches as a TE in the league's history; second only to the Great Kellen Winslow,,winslow did it in 105 games,,Ertz 106,,,thats pretty good company,,,How about 200 yards rushing today,,think that might have helped change the outcome?
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
                The guy is one of the best in the game and has done a ton for this franchise. Just last week he was the only guy making catches. He's a little banged up and gets a pass on an extremely rare bad game.
                This is Ertz burner account. Hi Julie

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

It's not hate. You have a logjam at the position and no clue how to use both guys. And you're going into an offseason where you're going to try to replace as many as ten starters. You need assets. You need youth. What you don't need is two premium tight ends.

Keeping and extending Ertz because he caught a touchdown pass in the Super Bowl is the most quintessentially sentimental thing you could possibly do, given the current state of this team.
                  This is what I'm talking about. Ertz fanboys can't see the forest through the trees. Ertz / Goddaert are the embodiment of the front office ineptitude.

This bored and the front office are overvaluing sentimental players big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post

This is what I'm talking about. Ertz fanboys can't see the forest through the trees. Ertz / Goddaert are the embodiment of the front office ineptitude.

Visions of Gronk & Hernandez. It's never happening.

Keep Ertz, and Goedert is a wasted pick who walks after 2021.

Comment

We know you love Ertz. But you giving Ertz a pass bc of the Superbowl is fugazi to me. That was 2 seasons ago.

No one is dumb enough to blame Ertz on this season but he's emblematic of what is wrong with the team this year. He touches almost every facet. Bloated salary by Howie. Overused / stat padder in the offense by Dougie/Groh/Wentz. Stared down by Wentz. Lack of toughness / No YAC. Offense runs better when he isnt feature. Comes up short when we need him.

Howie and Dougs unwillingness to move onto younger players has hurt this team.
                      OVER USED BECAUSE WHO ELSE IS THERE TO THROW TO THAT ACTUALLY GETS SEPARATION? SERIOUS QUESTION.
                      I DIDN'T REALIZE 29 WAS OVER THE HILL.

WHEN IS ERTZ CONTRACT UP?
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Visions of Gronk & Hernandez. It's never happening.

Keep Ertz, and Goedert is a wasted pick who walks after 2021.
                        Haven't seen anything from Dallas that says he is a #1. Ertz draws double coverage which opens up Dallas. Doubt Dallas gets the same production with Ertz gone and off the field.
                        ​​​​​​
                        And nothing wrong with 12 personel. If Djax was healthy this offense would be very good. Get a younger legit speed #1 and you could easily win a SB with Ertz and Dallas alla Gronk and the murderer. 2 TE like that are match-up nightmares if you have legit receivers who actually command respect from the defense

Comment

If you can't see that Goedert is an obvious starting TE in this league, there's no point in reading any further.

Comment

I am much more upset with the coaching. Hollins?? over Ward? Not figuring out how to use two tight ends and a possession receiver. Call that cheating Belichick. NE would not be having offensive problems if they had Ward, Ertz and Goddert.
                            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

I'm not in the "it was all Reich in '17" camp, but something was clearly different with the way this offense operated. It was a machine. Third and fourth and short were about as automatic as I ever remember seeing from any team. And it wasn't all running. They got up to the line, had a good scheme, guys were open, Carson delivered the ball, first down. There was no doubt. Now, the entire offense is clunky and disjointed. But then you have guys like JJAW who can't run a basic slant properly on third and short so I think there is plenty of blame to go around.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X