Super Bowl 52 was the pinnacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl 52 was the pinnacle

But it made this whole organization flabby and complacent, the players, the coaches, the front office.

Drank to much koolaid and fell in love with the smelling their own farts.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      But it made this whole organization flabby and complacent, the players, the coaches, the front office.
      I was thinking about how Howie yelled an ITYS at the media in the tunnel after the SB. That was the moment everything began reverting to the mean haha.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I would never trade that win for anything but it changed being a fan. Getting in the playoffs is just not good enough anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          I agree, but sh*t like today doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. Maybe I'm getting complacent and old (maybe a little flabby).

I think I'm going to be rooting for the Bills to win the SB.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I agree, but sh*t like today doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to. Maybe I'm getting complacent and old (maybe a little flabby).

I think I'm going to be rooting for the Bills to win the SB.
            I feel the same way. I was over it before the game was over.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
              I would never trade that win for anything but it changed being a fan. Getting in the playoffs is just not good enough anymore.
              For me it’s the opposite. That’s not to say that I’m content with just making the playoffs, but the New Orleans game last year would have been a lot worse if the team hadn’t gotten the monkey of its back the year before. Pederson also gets evaluated differently.

This team still needs to win, but once this area of Eagles football is over, the 2017 team deserves the same treatment as the 2008 Phillies. Lifetime pass for almost everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

For me it’s the opposite. That’s not to say that I’m content with just making the playoffs, but the New Orleans game last year would have been a lot worse if the team hadn’t gotten the monkey of its back the year before. Pederson also gets evaluated differently.

This team still needs to win, but once this area of Eagles football is over, the 2017 team deserves the same treatment as the 2008 Phillies. Lifetime pass for almost everyone.
                The 2017 team will always be special, but the core of that Phils team put together an impressive run (1 WS, 2 NLCS, 5 NL East titles, back-to-back best records in the league). The core of the 2017 look very much like a one & done anomaly.

It was a great moment, but in the end, that's what it was. A moment.

Comment

I agree with this. The people from the 2017 run deserve all credit and I cannot badmouth them too harshly.

Having said that, the team needs to move forward with younger players as is necessary.

An aside: I wish DeSean Jackson had been a part of the 2017 team.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

The 2017 team will always be special, but the core of that Phils team put together an impressive run (1 WS, 2 NLCS, 5 NL East titles, back-to-back best records in the league). The core of the 2017 look very much like a one & done anomaly.

It was a great moment, but in the end, that's what it was. A moment.
                    And it was one of the best moments of my life.
                    Last edited by art vandelay; 12-01-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

And it was one of the best moments of my life.

It’s way easier for a baseball team to stay on top than a football team. That Phils squad fell apart because RAJ did what everyone says Howie is doing now. Lifetime achievement contracts for everyone.
                      No doubt. I flew back home for it. The flight from Phoenix was signing Fly Eagles Fly the whole way to Philly. When I landed, the whole city was green. When we won, we were on Broad Street until almost 5am. Everything about that season, that run, that night was perfect.

Part of me can think back to that and take comfort in the fact that we got one. Another part of me is sick to my stomach that all of the douchebags who told me we were "one & done" were right.

The worst part is, this was all avoidable. What we're seeing is death-by-hubris. There's no excuse for this team to have gotten this bad this fast. They let the moment go to their heads and started thinking they could do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X