No announcement yet.

Pederson ran the ball 3 times after we took a 14 point lead in the 3rd quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both coaches get pass happy at times. Even when the running game is working well. It's always made no sense to me. Running the ball and playing defense is a solid recipe to win games. We've seen Carson fail at the end of many games this season. He's not at the level to take these games on his shoulders yet. He doesn't have the supporting cast on the outside either. They need to lean on the running game. While Howard is out use Sanders and pound AJ up the middle. None of that sweep garbage 10 yards behind the line.
    Last edited by maggsgsr; 12-03-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

PEDDY IS PANICKING IMO.
      FRANK RIECH NOT THERE, BIGGEST ISSUE.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Reich has done a hell of a job for a guy who lost a franchise QB right before the season began.

And come on ... Reid is a notoriously sucky game day coach ... notwithstanding his success in picking quarterbacks and regular season record.

He abandoned the run and mismanaged the clock in Philadelphia over and over ... and that's the comparison, not his overall record.

He might be better now, but I don't see enough of him to know if he's changed.
        This is all true. I just don't think Reich would get the same leeway here as he's getting in Indy.

I think Pederson has shown different tendencies from Reid thus far as a coach. Reid's teams often fell flat after the scripted plays were over. Pederson's teams are awful to start games but seem to adjust. Run-pass ratio is always related to whether or not a team has a lead, but Pederson shows more willingness to stick with the run than Reid did.

I'm not sure how much the blown lead had to do with not running the ball. Up by 8, they were a dropped Ertz pass away from sealing the game. Maybe the subsequent 3-and-outs would have gone differently with more run plays.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 12-03-2019, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

This is all true. I just don't think Reich would get the same leeway here as he's getting in Indy.

I think Pederson has shown different tendencies from Reid thus far as a coach. Reid's teams often fell flat after the scripted plays were over. Pederson's teams are awful to start games but seem to adjust. Run-pass ratio is always related to whether or not a team has a lead, but Pederson shows more willingness to stick with the run than Reid did.

I'm not sure how much the blown lead had to do with not running the ball. Up by 8, they were a dropped Ertz pass away from sealing the game. Maybe the subsequent 3-and-outs would have gone differently with more run plays.
          Well Reich wasn't the HC so a SB winning HC definitely gets more leeway but he turned a 4-12 team into a playoff team in 1 year and has a better record with arguably a worse team than we do with a 3rs string QB and his in only WR missing many games as well. So ya I think he is doing a hell of a job.
          ​​​​​​
          Pederson is not totally inept but this year just hasn't been a good year for him. Hopefully Howie get him and Wentz some weapons and he decides to stick to some form of running game. Not ready to give up on him just yet but damn.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            PEDDY IS PANICKING IMO.
            FRANK RIECH NOT THERE, BIGGEST ISSUE.
            Panicking is a good way to describe it. He starts pressing and forcing pass after pass. Instead of being patient and methodically calling plays.

Comment

Working...
            X