Philly Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly Special

Was really called by Nick Foles. Doug just approved it. I think Doug needs help and these guys under him now are not doing him any favors. Groh is a puppet or incapable and Wentz has his own issues. They need a heavy hitting OC that Doug trusts next year (maybe Todd Haley?).

Because Haley has been so incredible everywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      Was really called by Nick Foles. Doug just approved it. I think Doug needs help and these guys under him now are not doing him any favors. Groh is a puppet or incapable and Wentz has his own issues. They need a heavy hitting OC that Doug trusts next year (maybe Todd Haley?).
      Lemme get this straight, because Foles asked Gomer if he wanted Philly-Philly, Wentz can't save Gomer from your perceived play-calling liabilities because he has some undefined issues?

Just an FYI ... the TD bomb to Jeffrey in the NFCC was a play that Wentz ran in college and suggested.

Not that I'm not still the President of the Groh must Go Club.
      Last edited by slag; 12-02-2019, 02:35 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        Uh, yeah, exactly - Doug approved it. A different coach might not have. Doug's demeanor and relationship with Foles probably contributed to Foles' confidence to make the suggestion in the first place. That's how good relationships work.

We are getting into bizzaro land now. Doug sucks because he only approved the most important play in Eagles history and didn't think of it first. Good grief.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The point I'm trying to make is Doug needs people around him that know what they are doing. After he lost Reich and DiFilippo, he should have then gone outside the organization to get someone as any other hire is a force feed within and Groh proves that. I mentioned Haley because they worked together, he did a good job in Pittsburgh and got caught up in that Cleveland mess after one season. Haley is very headstrong like Reich which is a good compliment to Doug. Not saying it has to be him but anyone with a pedigree that is independent of Doug that he can work with.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Uh, yeah, exactly - Doug approved it. A different coach might not have. Doug's demeanor and relationship with Foles probably contributed to Foles' confidence to make the suggestion in the first place. That's how good relationships work.

We are getting into bizzaro land now. Doug sucks because he only approved the most important play in Eagles history and didn't think of it first. Good grief.
            It doesn't end there though - the flea flicker in the NFC title game was called by a former secretary. It is clear that Doug doesn't call the plays only rubber stamps his approval.

Comment

Working...
            X