It is really fucking wretched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is really fucking wretched

That there are Wangnutz here dancing on Nick Foles grave. Because that’s what you are. You are sure not IGGLEPHANS.

Wangnutz suck. If I were the Hammer I’d ban you.
    Last edited by RSE; 12-02-2019, 09:43 PM.

Pretty sad. Let's also set our SB MVP up as a strawman to feel better about a guy who is about to finish his third full season without a playoff start.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Pretty sad. Let's also set our SB MVP up as a strawman to feel better about a guy who is about to finish his third full season without a playoff start.
      With all due respect, I don't see anyone using Foles as a straw man.

Seems to me that they are reacting to those who brought him into the mix in the first place, as a vehicle for pissing on Wentz.

And I haven't seen anyone previously trying to police that, or other reactions to it.

I actually don't think this three-game performance off an injury proves anything in that discussion ... any more than a two shitty game sample proved anything about Wentz.

And I'll still pick up Foles' check if I ever see him in a restaurant ... even if he is getting 45 mil. guaranteed.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

With all due respect, I don't see anyone using Foles as a straw man.

Seems to me that they are reacting to those who brought him into the mix in the first place, as a vehicle for pissing on Wentz.

And I haven't seen anyone previously trying to police that, or other reactions to it.

I actually don't think this three-game performance off an injury proves anything in that discussion ... any more than a two shitty game sample proved anything about Wentz.

And I'll still pick up Foles' check if I ever see him in a restaurant ... even if he is getting 45 mil. guaranteed.
        For what it's worth, I didn't have you in mind when I wrote that. There seem to be people on here who take solace in Foles' struggles because it somehow mitigates our own crappy season in the sense that "at least we kept the right QB because Foles now sucks." Foles isn't on the team any more.

I'll admit to one instance where I have interjected Foles (there may be more, don't @ me) and I'd be interested in your take: I think one of the problems in the locker room is that the leader of the team (Wentz) is one of the few team leaders who did not participate in the SB victory. I think that potentially creates a weird dynamic. It's not Wentz's fault, it's not Foles' fault. It just is.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

For what it's worth, I didn't have you in mind when I wrote that. There seem to be people on here who take solace in Foles' struggles because it somehow mitigates our own crappy season in the sense that "at least we kept the right QB because Foles now sucks." Foles isn't on the team any more.

I'll admit to one instance where I have interjected Foles (there may be more, don't @ me) and I'd be interested in your take: I think one of the problems in the locker room is that the leader of the team (Wentz) is one of the few team leaders who did not participate in the SB victory. I think that potentially creates a weird dynamic. It's not Wentz's fault, it's not Foles' fault. It just is.
          I didn't think you did ... and I'm not sure why the team isn't as hungry as they claim they were going to be after they won it all.

Lots of teams have this problem.

I think it's a talent issue and a coaching issue ... but you may be right about the QB as a leader when he didn't participate in the Super Bowl, even if his MVP performance set it up.

The only team that has been consistently good like that is the Pats and the one constant is the coach and the QB.

However, their offense is not up to snuff without enough skill guys to go with the QB this year.

EDITED TO ADD: When I say talent, that includes injuries to the talent they were relying on.
          Last edited by slag; 12-03-2019, 11:53 AM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            That there are Wangnutz here dancing on Nick Foles grave. Because that’s what you are. You are sure not IGGLEPHANS.

Wangnutz suck. If I were the Hammer I’d ban you.
            I'd wager most of the Foles gravedancers are relatively young, and haven't the slightest clue what that night really meant.

Comment

I posted the below in another thread. I don't think anyone wants to grave dance on Foles that isn't their intention at all. It's more the fact that the team had to make a decision to let go of one of the Qbs and they were heavily invested in Wentz who had a brighter upside. It's more that people keep bringing up Foles everytime there is a struggle in Philly and use him as a way to diminish Wentz. Bottom line is Wentz if our QB and Foles is gone. We have to rally behind him but Foles has secured legend status forever, period end of story!

​​​​
              I posted pretty much the same thing in another thread. There is a reason he got paid he played out of his mind in back to back playoff runs and was a SB MVP. Someone was going to give him a chance to start and that was a pretty reasonable contract for a QB. He earned that pay day and still shouldn't have to pay for a meal or a beer anywhere in Philly!

To RSE point, I don't think people are necessarily hating on him or wanting him to fail it moreso being tired of hearing we Foles v Wentz debate. Foles is gone Wentz is here. Doubt any organization would have let Wentz go over Foles and either way it doesn't matter Wentz is our QB and we have to rally behind him and hope the FO gets him some help.

I just don't think people want to see Foles fail, far from, he is a Philly legend! Only time I don't want to see Foles succeed is if we see him in a SB would rather we win. And if he is riding the bench well I'm sure $22 mill a SB ring and a SB MVP are just fine by him

Comment

Foles does well here. If he was starter, they would have at least 2 more wins. Guys in locker room love him. Wentz, not as much.

That said, they will win East and perhaps make some playoff noise when DJax returns.

Comment

Working...
                X