Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post

Hard to commit to the run when your #1 RB is out for the past three weeks
    Ya ok Sanders was running at 4.5 per clip on a horrible run defense and yet they abandoned the run. Even Ajayi wasn't looking bad. Half the time when Howard is active they barely even use him lol. Talk that junk elsewhere.

Comment

Sanders is averaging 4.5 yards/carry over the last 3 games.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Sanders is averaging 4.5 yards/carry over the last 3 games.
        That would be a lot more impressive if there were more carries.

I like Sanders -- I feel like I have to qualify everything I say with those words anymore -- but there are things he's yet to prove he can do, which limit the situations he can be used in. 3rd & short, inside the red zone, any obvious running scenarios... he hasn't done much with the chances he's gotten in those situations.

And Ajayi looks absolutely shot.

There's no excuse for not running the ball more than they've done, especially with the lead, but I think Gomer's just doing what the analytics tell him to do. Maybe Gabe left him some coconut oil on his way out of town.

Comment

The Cowboys haven't beaten a team over 500 alone should get Garrett fired

Comment

He's not getting fired before our game. They would weaken whatever position they pull the coach from.

Their kicker situation is getting funny though. Garrett keeps asking for an "evaluation" and the Jones aren't getting him anyone.

Comment

from Warren Sharp: Can Garrett make halftime adjustments? No. The last 5 yrs Dallas has won just 4 games they trailed at halftime.
              That ranks 30th in halftime deficits turned to wins (only the Browns & Lions have less).
              They are 1 of 5 teams who have been unable to overcome a deficit of >7 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

That would be a lot more impressive if there were more carries.

I like Sanders -- I feel like I have to qualify everything I say with those words anymore -- but there are things he's yet to prove he can do, which limit the situations he can be used in. 3rd & short, inside the red zone, any obvious running scenarios... he hasn't done much with the chances he's gotten in those situations.

And Ajayi looks absolutely shot.

There's no excuse for not running the ball more than they've done, especially with the lead, but I think Gomer's just doing what the analytics tell him to do. Maybe Gabe left him some coconut oil on his way out of town.
                Ajayi doesn't have the burst but he had some good runs. With an offensive line like ours both players should be able to get come type of consistent run game. The fact that Sanders doesn't have more carries is a HC issue isn't it? Any yes he's got more to prove as a runner but has been getting better as the season has gone on.

Shit my issue is when Howard was healthy we still abandoned the run and still didn't run him or our back enough. Not sure it's a personel issue as much as it is a play calling issue at this point. Defenses know we are going to pass so they aren't respecting the run. And it isn't like we got world beaters at the WR position lol

Saw some stat that we are like 21-2 when we rush for 120 yards or more in a game.. Seems like a good formula. And pretty bad when Wentz passes for 250 or 275 or more. Gotta try something different I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                  from Warren Sharp: Can Garrett make halftime adjustments? No. The last 5 yrs Dallas has won just 4 games they trailed at halftime.
                  That ranks 30th in halftime deficits turned to wins (only the Browns & Lions have less).
                  Wow.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                    Of course one of those 4 came against the Eagles. And of course, that was the time I decided to go see a game in Dallas.

Comment

Huh? Fucker RARELY commits to running REGARDLESS of his RB stable!
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        Whole division stinks...8-8 or even 7-9 might win it...blown opportunity
                        It’s a race to one and done. Wild Carders could crush an all star team of the NFCLeast.
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I’d like to know how many games the Eagles have won the last five years when they were behind at halftime.

I’ll bet they lost plenty more than four when they were ahead at halftime. EDIT: 4 the last two seasons, 6 in Pederson’s four seasons.
                          Last edited by RSE; 12-07-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            I’d like to know how many games the Eagles have won the last five years when they were behind at halftime.

I’ll bet they lost plenty more than four when they were ahead at halftime. EDIT: 4 the last two seasons, 6 in Pederson’s four seasons.
                            Considering the way the Eagles start games, I'd imagine they're a little above average in victories when trailing at halftime over the past couple years.

Comment

Let's hope they suck worse than the Eagles cornerbacks.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                                The Cowboys haven't beaten a team over 500 alone should get Garrett fired
                                They don't need to beat a team over 500 to win the division.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X