Dallas Defense against scrambling QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Defense against scrambling QBs

Josh Allen, Mitch Trubisky rushed for key yardage and TDs. Wentz... please scramble when we play them...
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
    Josh Allen, Mitch Trubisky rushed for key yardage and TDs. Wentz... please scramble when we play them...
    You think Gomer sees this and will implement it? No
    chance.

Comment

This thread brings to mind something I heard Ray Diddy say on WIP a week or so ago. Basically, he pointed out that he sees the coaches are trying to make Wentz a pocket passer (shades of Nabby?) when he is at his best on the move. To me, Wentz could be more of a Tarkenton like QB than a running QB, but they need to get him moving to do that. Fuck the pocket passer BS, let Wentz be Wentz.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I would like to see Wentz just improvise on his own and go, run run run.

Comment

Yeah yeah ... that's the ticket ... and dive into the end zone between to two linebackers.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Wentz running isn't going to be enough..

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              This thread brings to mind something I heard Ray Diddy say on WIP a week or so ago. Basically, he pointed out that he sees the coaches are trying to make Wentz a pocket passer (shades of Nabby?) when he is at his best on the move. To me, Wentz could be more of a Tarkenton like QB than a running QB, but they need to get him moving to do that. Fuck the pocket passer BS, let Wentz be Wentz.
              Even last week against the Fish, Wentz looked a lot better outside of the pocket throwing. His game doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson, but he isn't good being Pocket Brady. He needs to be Russell Wilson-ish, extend the pocket and utilize timely safe rushes to move the chains.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Even last week against the Fish, Wentz looked a lot better outside of the pocket throwing. His game doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson, but he isn't good being Pocket Brady. He needs to be Russell Wilson-ish, extend the pocket and utilize timely safe rushes to move the chains.
                Check it:

You can ignore the article: Just look at the stats table. According to this Wentz is pretty good out of the pocket.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...that-continue/
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Check it:

You can ignore the article: Just look at the stats table. According to this Wentz is pretty good out of the pocket.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...that-continue/
                  He needs more time to allow the slow receivers to get open, and he needs more time to go through his progressions. He looks way more comfy outside of the pocket. And he is too tall to be getting his passes knocked down as often as it happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X