Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YO Ellsworth & Other NC area Igglephans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YO Ellsworth & Other NC area Igglephans.

....Need some info.

Have a job promotion opportunity in the Charlotte area....just want to pick your brains about life in NC...weather, people, housing, cost of living, etc etc..

You can PM me if you prefer.

Thank you
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Go for it. Property taxes barely over 1% where I live. Job market is great. You’re close to mountains and have a couple Nice lakes right there (lake Norman is huge). It’s a hike to the beach from there but the mountains are pretty close and a lot to enjoy. Phenomenal breweries in that region (wicked weed, Noda, & foothills in Winston Salem is carried everywhere)

I’m in raleigh which is nowhere near as big of a city as Charlotte but it’s been home for over 2 decades and I love it here. I like Raleigh’s size. Has everything I need. I live literally 3 minutes from a lake.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 09-29-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

What is Pennsyltucky to urban for you?
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I have family and friends who moved to Asheville?

I'm pretty sure thats where they are about,,winters are half of what your used to,,,less people and yes waaaay cheaper property tax compared to NJ..I drive 22 mins and I'm in the Ocean!
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

How is the possum jerky?
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Western Possum Q (tomato based) vs. Eastern Possum Q (vinegar based)

Who does it better, Ells?!

Comment

Well it Depends on where you’re at, I reckon.

Dry counties are always leaders In the possum jerky making. Them guys and gals
              Can take the most rancid possum roadkill and turn it into jerky that’s nothing short of sublime.

Comment

Lol...Good question

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                What is Pennsyltucky to urban for you?
                ...my house is in Pennslytucky but I spend the majority of my time in urban areas.

But I tell, traffic is getting stupid even out in the sticks, the number of commuters is increasing at an alarming rate.

Both personally and professionally I would like to get away from the I95 corridor
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                X