I had been psyched for tonight's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had been psyched for tonight's game

As poorly as the Iggles have looked, we're still right there to win the division and send the cowpies packing. A long shot, but still a nice feeling.

And then I watched the Pats/Chefs game. What a fucking embarrassing disaster! How the hell Jerome Boger and the rest of his incompetent/cheating crew stay in this billion dollar league is a mystery for the ages. Knowing that not one of these terrible officials will be fines/sanctioned for ruining an otherwise premier matchup is just distressing. It focuses one's attention on the fact that when it comes to the NFL, there is no such thing as integrity in it's standard.

Sure, in the overall picture, the outcome of the game doesn't really matter much (although with a loss, the Chefs would be in danger of missing the post season); and really had no dog in that fight (although I do enjoy watching every game that fat fuck loses).

The bottom line. for me, is that my interest in tonight's game has definitely waned. It reached a point where I love my Iggles, but I'm close to hating the current NFL; an organization that cares very little for the games themselves and for the fans (suckers) that support the teams.

I'll watch, but it's getting tougher and less interesting to spend 3 hours of my life watching the McMahon league.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

LEAVING FOR THE GAYTE IN A FEW MINUTES, DRINKIN AND DANCIN IN THE RAIN.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

We got the Squeelers/Cardinals game. Garbage time. The early games, on the other hand, were good. Niners/Saints was outstanding.

Comment

Saints 9ers was good but like OB says McMahon got involved too much in that one as well...you know there will be a funky call tonight

Comment

Working...
        X