Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field goal doesn't help there.

Just gave up field position.

Also, do our guys not know the tip rule for PI?
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Bump.. what don't agree with coach?? No way

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
      Bump.. what don't agree with coach?? No way
      I'm not sure why this is worth bumping. Dallas got 3 after both missed FGs yesterday.

Comment

Dude, did you spend all night finding and bumping posts where I criticized Pederson? Thanks for bolstering my credibility. I've been critical of Pederson before. Yesterday I wasn't as much. I call it like I see it. And yeah, I'm generally supportive of the coach who won us a SB and has this rag tag bunch a win away from the division. You, on the other hand, are a one-trick pony who makes the board unreadable. Stick to debating strawmen.

Now, please find someone else to stalk. I dont care nearly as much as you seem to think I do.

Comment

Eagles won in spite of Gomer's dumb fuck in game moves.

Riverboat aggression is fine in certain situations, but you don't try a low percentage FG in that weather outside late in a two-score game. You either punt (my preference there) or you go for the first if you're going to gamble.

Also didn't love the play calls to go downfield on 3d and 1 and then 4th and 1 earlier ... although the throw intended for Goeddart on 4th down would have given the Eagles first and goal at the five if Goeddart didn't run the wrong route by cutting inside instead of out ... he had beaten his guy.

They ran the same play later for a big first down at midfield when Goeddart ran the pattern correctly.
          Last edited by slag; 12-23-2019, 08:21 AM. Reason: typos
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Eagles won in spite of Gomer's dumb fuck in game moves.

Riverboat aggression is fine in certain situations, but you don't try a low percentage FG in that weather outside late in a two-score game. You either punt (my preference there) or you go for the first if you're going to gamble.

Also didn't love the play calls to go downfield on 3d and 1 and then 4th and 1 earlier ... although the throw intended for Goeddart on 4th down would have given the Eagles first and goal at the five if Goeddart didn't run the wrong route by cutting inside instead of out ... he had beaten his guy.

They ran the same play later for a big first down at midfield when Goeddart ran the pattern correctly.
            I would agree that Doug did not have his best game but I have a hard time saying they won "in spite of Doug" when they led the entire game. It was never in doubt except in our heads.

Comment

The Cowboys stepped on their own dicks pretty hard and Gomer gave them some opportunities that generally cost you close games.

I was pretty comfortable all night there but I kept thinking that they weren't finishing drives and you know who generally gets the coffee.

Two teams weren't closing ... but one of them had to win.
              Last edited by slag; 12-23-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Dude, did you spend all night finding and bumping posts where I criticized Pederson? Thanks for bolstering my credibility. I've been critical of Pederson before. Yesterday I wasn't as much. I call it like I see it. And yeah, I'm generally supportive of the coach who won us a SB and has this rag tag bunch a win away from the division. You, on the other hand, are a one-trick pony who makes the board unreadable. Stick to debating strawmen.

Now, please find someone else to stalk. I dont care nearly as much as you seem to think I do.
                All you got is the strawman shit. Dude your knowledge of situationnal football is ridiculous. Just because it worked out does not mean it was the right call. The reason for the bumps is to show you go off during games too shut the fuck up and cry your shit elsewhere. If you come at me I'm coming back hard and I aint backing down bc a dumbass keeps saying strawman talk about one trick pony!!

As slag an Trent said, they won inspire of coaching but I guess you can't help someone who clearly has no knowledge of the game

​​​​​​

Comment

All you got is the strawman shit. Dude your knowledge of situationnal football is ridiculous. Just because it worked out does not mean it was the right call. The reason for the bumps is to show you go off during games too shut the fuck up and cry your shit elsewhere. If you come at me I'm coming back hard and I aint backing down bc a dumbass keeps saying strawman talk about one trick pony!!

As slag an Trent said, they won inspire of coaching but I guess you can't help someone who clearly has no knowledge of the game

​​​​​​
                  Lighten up Francis

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Lighten up Francis
                    I'm good, they want to keep coming I'll keep firing back no. Worries I won't pussy out

Comment

If you come at me I'm coming back hard and I aint backing down bc a dumbass keeps saying strawman talk about one trick pony!!

​​​​​​
                      This is quality posting.

Comment

Dude your knowledge of situationnal football is ridiculous. Just because it worked out does not mean it was the right call.
                        Would it be impolite to point out that the whole reason for your bump was to suggest that it was the right decision to kick those FGs because the Eagles won the game?

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I would agree that Doug did not have his best game but I have a hard time saying they won "in spite of Doug" when they led the entire game. It was never in doubt except in our heads.
                          I’m a big Pederson fan and I think he did a great job rallying the troops, but he made three really bad decisions in Dallas territory. Shot gun and empty backfield on 3rd and 1 was awful. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the first missed FG, but the second was even further back in no man’s land and wouldn’t have even made it a three possession game. Both were puzzling decisions because imo one of Dougie’s best qualities is his willingness to go for it in situations where coaches historically are too conservative.

The decision to throw to Goedert on the late second down worked out, but it wasn’t Dougie’s best day by any means. Luckily Schwartz did a great job.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-23-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Would it be impolite to point out that the whole reason for your bump was to suggest that it was the right decision to kick those FGs because the Eagles won the game?
                            No, they should have punted. Dak missed a wide open Austin for a TD and a Gallup drop for a TD which would have made the score 23 - 17 Cowboys. You don't give an opponent a short field and momentum with a two score game with 8 minutes left if there is a missed field goal which there was. The correct call is to punt and let them drive 80 - 90 yards to score and kill as much clock as possible.

Yes we won and we will take it but it is undeniable that we won despite numerous coaching miscues. And yes Schwartz still sucks as WRs were running open all game long just poor execution from Dak and the Cowboys WRs and a lot of Eagles luck led to what looked like a better defensive result. They sure as shit played the run well and Jones made a great play at the end that is undeniable but 6 drops, 1 of which was a TD and 1 overthrown pass and we are singing a different tune about Doug's play calling, Schwartz being fired and Carson (not sure why) being questioned as the QB of the future.

The game is there for everyone to watch it is not like this is made up. I, like most advocated for a punt which was the right call. It worked out so on to the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I’m a big Pederson fan and I think he did a great job rallying the troops, but he made three really bad decisions in Dallas territory. Shot gun and empty backfield on 3rd and 1 was awful. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the first missed FG, but the second was even further back in no man’s land and wouldn’t have even made it a two possession game. Both were puzzling decisions because imo one of Dougie’s best qualities is his willingness to go for it in situations where coaches historically are too conservative.

The decision to throw to Goedert on the late second down worked out, but it wasn’t Dougie’s best day by any means. Luckily Schwartz did a great job.
                              I have never called for Doug to be fired! I have been frustrated with some dumb play calling especially this year and yes I have given Riech and DeFilippo some credit in the Superbowl year but I think he needs a real OC to help him. He is definitely a guy the players like and rally around and could still lead this team and in no way should be considered on the hot seat period. He is frustrating at times; it is one thing to be aggressive and another to put your team behind the 8 ball with play calls that are clearly wrong that's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X