Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alshon out for the season and possible part of next one.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alshon out for the season and possible part of next one.....

....according to CBS....Lisfranc injury....kiss that $$$ good bye. This contract has blown up on Howie.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    ....according to CBS....Lisfranc injury....kiss that $$$ good bye. This contract has blown up on Howie.
    Its fuck or walk, you close or you hit the bricks! Nice guy...I don't give a shit! Good father...fuck you go home and play with your kids!
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I don't really know if I've seen another contact as bad as Alshon's. The Eagles were able to get rid of DeMarco Murray, Byron Maxwell, and Stacy Andrews after a year. Nnamdi after two years. You'd have to go back at least to Jevon Kearse in 07 to find a guy getting paid for nothing. The worst part is that WR is such a position of need going into 2020.

Comment

He’ll never play in Philly again...might not play anywhere again...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          He’ll never play in Philly again...might not play anywhere again...
          I don't see a way that the Eagles can move on in 2020. It would take an NBA-style move where the Eagles give up a pick just so another team will take him off our hands.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-13-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I don't see a way that the Eagles can move on in 2020. It would take an NBA-style move where the Eagles give up a pick just so another team will take him off our hands.
            I'd agree, except Banner is insistent that he's gone after June 1. He has a pretty decent grasp of the money end of things.

It's going to cost them, but I think they have an out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I'd agree, except Banner is insistent that he's gone after June 1. He has a pretty decent grasp of the money end of things.

It's going to cost them, but I think they have an out.
              That also gave me hope lol.

I'll always appreciate what Alshon did. Bummer that a good dude was done before age 30.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 12-13-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Give Miami a call. We unloaded Maxwell AND Kiko Alonso on them.
                Alshon for Fitzmagic.
                Last edited by jimbo; 12-13-2019, 06:19 PM.
                Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

9 Months recovery and he will be back, the Eagles have no choice unless he is traded. If they cut him they take a 26 million cap hit, so keeping him for 12.5 million makes more sense.

Comment

I'M THANKFUL WE HAD HIM FOR THE SUPER BOWL. THAT TD CATCH WAS A THING OF BEAUTY.
                    SUCKS IT ENDS THIS WAY, CONTROVERSY, INJURY.

OH WELL.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Must have happened on the play before he pulled himself out. Didn't think you could get a Lisfranc from a non-contact play. Do Lisfrancs "pop"

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post

Must have happened on the play before he pulled himself out. Didn't think you could get a Lisfranc from a non-contact play. Do Lisfrancs "pop"
                        You think he's faking a Lisfranc?
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Not at all. Just didn't think you could get one without someone bending your foot back. Had a chance to speak with a fellow Eagles friend of mine this afternoon who is a doctor who set me straight with how there are many different degrees of lisfranc.

Comment

Working...
                          X