Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Whiteside

Might be able to get a fourth.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

In 2034?

Comment

I wanna know if roseman has made these picks. I’m assuming he has final say.

Does he overrule the scouts consensus or are they all equally unqualified to be making these picks every year?

if Im Lurie. My FIRST order of business after the season is hiring a real GM (younger one, not a goddamned fossil retread) and removing Roseman from any and all talent identification, draft selections, and especially identifying who deserves a contract extension on his own.

Get a couple of up & comers to overhaul the whole MF scouting and drafting process on day 1 of the offseason. Everybody is on notice. For every Sanders you get 3 JJAG’s, Clayton Thorson’s & Sidney Joneses. Fucking DONE with that level of incompetence. Lurie should be embarrassed. Thank God the Jets were dumb enough to hire Diamond Joe away from us (them).

Watching these younger players the Steelers & Bills have drafted and developed is a constant reminder our player evaluation process is broken. Poyer was HERE and they cut him. Dumb mother fuckers. So much homegrown & drafted youth/talent.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-16-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        I wanna know if roseman has made these picks. I’m assuming he has final say.

Does he overrule the scouts consensus or are they all equally unqualified to be making these picks every year?

if Im Lurie. My FIRST order of business after the season is hiring a real GM (younger one, not a goddamned fossil retread) and removing Roseman from any and all talent identification, draft selections, and especially identifying who deserves a contract extension on his own.

Get a couple of up & comers to overhaul the whole MF scouting and drafting process on day 1 of the offseason. Everybody is on notice. For every Sanders you get 3 JJAG’s, Clayton Thorson’s & Sidney Joneses. Fucking DONE with that level of incompetence. Lurie should be embarrassed. Thank God the Jets were dumb enough to hire Diamond Joe away from us (them).

Watching these younger players the Steelers & Bills have drafted and developed is a constant reminder our player evaluation process is broken. Poyer was HERE and they cut him. Dumb mother fuckers. So much homegrown & drafted youth/talent.
        Didn’t we have that with Joe Douglas. I thought he was the talent evaluator, not Howie?
        Last edited by Wolfpack; 12-16-2019, 07:58 AM.
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

did we? Everything is always cloaked in such secrecy. Douglas left for a GM role. Final voice on all matters. Eagles need that level of accountability in front office. Too easy to pass the buck/throw people under the bus with their long standing “general consensus” approach. The buck has to stop with somebody from 2020 on. And it better not be Roseman. He shouldn’t have ANY say on player selections in April or UFA. let him work contracts but only on who he is told needs an extension etc.

The Jeffrey extension should be the final straw on that front.

why are we only seeing Sanders, Scott, and Ward for the last 2 weeks instead of the whole season? These kids obviously had the talent to play. Was somebody’s ego keeping them as backups and PS players?
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 12-16-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Might be able to get a fourth.
            In the 2020 CFL draft????
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

why are we only seeing Sanders, Scott, and Ward for the last 2 weeks instead of the whole season? These kids obviously had the talent to play. Was somebody’s ego keeping them as backups and PS players?
              From what I have seen, JJAW could only dream of making the catch Ward made at the end of the game.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

From what I have seen, JJAW could only dream of making the catch Ward made at the end of the game.
                He made a pretty sweet over-the-shoulder catch on a ball Carson threw straight up last week. He has ability, but his head is 100% screwed up right now. I'm pretty sure Carson Walch sucks. I'd like to see what JJ can do with a better WRs coach.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

He made a pretty sweet over-the-shoulder catch on a ball Carson threw straight up last week. He has ability, but his head is 100% screwed up right now. I'm pretty sure Carson Walch sucks. I'd like to see what JJ can do with a better WRs coach.
                  I guess. Hopefully that's the case. He looks like a slowish, clumsy route runner. If he just hasn't caught up to the mental side then it is what it is and he'll get there.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I thought he was supposed to be SO SMART? Mr. Stanford looks to be lost out there with his route running...and no hands...WTF!?

Comment

It seems like they put a lot of weight in player character.

Comment

did we? Everything is always cloaked in such secrecy. Douglas left for a GM role. Final voice on all matters. Eagles need that level of accountability in front office. Too easy to pass the buck/throw people under the bus with their long standing “general consensus” approach. The buck has to stop with somebody from 2020 on. And it better not be Roseman. He shouldn’t have ANY say on player selections in April or UFA. let him work contracts but only on who he is told needs an extension etc.

The Jeffrey extension should be the final straw on that front.

Howie probably had final say, technically... but I think #diamondjoe® had a lot of input in that room in terms of scouting and overall philosophy for his first draft. When Howie ran the room, he went after guys with elite traits (Cox, Lane, Ertz, Wentz)... the biggest busts/disappointments of the Douglas era were productive college players with limited physical ability (Barnett, Sid Jones, Pumphrey). Lurie brought in Douglas and his big reputation, and the media fell all over itself the praise the guy as the next great thing. It's reasonable to assume Howie felt some pressure to follow the guy's lead.

You could even argue that either Douglas realized he bombed out the 2017 draft and changed his approach, or Howie took back some control in 2018, because they went back to drafting traits. Goedert was an elite athlete, Maddox was a speed guy with high upside, Sweat and Mailata were physical freaks, Dillard and Sanders were really good athletes... JJ was a panic pick after the WR they wanted (Hardman) got swiped by FF, but at least they had the right guy as their primary target. And they prioritized Sanders in the round, who's looking like a home run pick.

I'm not as worried about Howie as I was. I think he's pretty decent at picking talent when he's got a clear head about what he's going after. I can't pin the sins of 2017 on him forever when all indications suggest that draft was out of character for him and had #diamondjoe's® try-hard/college production fingerprints all over it.

The Jeffrey deal and the Tate trade were both bad, no question. But even good GMs make bad deals (the Sanu trade was a bad, desperate move for BB). I still think Howie's done an overall good job, especially when you throw out the 2017 draft debacle that in all likelihood wasn't his doing. He's not going anywhere anyway, and this a huge draft coming up with a lot of picks. We don't have much choice but to hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I guess. Hopefully that's the case. He looks like a slowish, clumsy route runner. If he just hasn't caught up to the mental side then it is what it is and he'll get there.
                          Yeah, he does. That Two Stooges routine with Goedert yesterday didn't help his case. I'm hoping it's just bad coaching and a confused, tentative kid.

Comment

The most overrated catch of the season. You see that in sandlot games. How about catching a bullet while getting drilled over the middle?

Comment

Howie probably had final say, technically... but I think #diamondjoe® had a lot of input in that room in terms of scouting and overall philosophy for his first draft. When Howie ran the room, he went after guys with elite traits (Cox, Lane, Ertz, Wentz)... the biggest busts/disappointments of the Douglas era were productive college players with limited physical ability (Barnett, Sid Jones, Pumphrey). Lurie brought in Douglas and his big reputation, and the media fell all over itself the praise the guy as the next great thing. It's reasonable to assume Howie felt some pressure to follow the guy's lead.

You could even argue that either Douglas realized he bombed out the 2017 draft and changed his approach, or Howie took back some control in 2018, because they went back to drafting traits. Goedert was an elite athlete, Maddox was a speed guy with high upside, Sweat and Mailata were physical freaks, Dillard and Sanders were really good athletes... JJ was a panic pick after the WR they wanted (Hardman) got swiped by FF, but at least they had the right guy as their primary target. And they prioritized Sanders in the round, who's looking like a home run pick.

I'm not as worried about Howie as I was. I think he's pretty decent at picking talent when he's got a clear head about what he's going after. I can't pin the sins of 2017 on him forever when all indications suggest that draft was out of character for him and had #diamondjoe's® try-hard/college production fingerprints all over it.

The Jeffrey deal and the Tate trade were both bad, no question. But even good GMs make bad deals (the Sanu trade was a bad, desperate move for BB). I still think Howie's done an overall good job, especially when you throw out the 2017 draft debacle that in all likelihood wasn't his doing. He's not going anywhere anyway, and this a huge draft coming up with a lot of picks. We don't have much choice but to hope for the best.
                              Drafting Whiteside and extending Alshon made no sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X