Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wentz has most fumbles of anyone in the league since he came into the league in 2016?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz has most fumbles of anyone in the league since he came into the league in 2016?

He missed a lot of games during that timespan as well.

This is something he MUST work on.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

https://www.phillyvoice.com/look-car...r-fumbles/amp/

Does this statistic included bad snaps etc?

Comment

Granted he does need to work on ball​​​​​ security for sure fubmle wise but since 2017 there are only 4 QBs with a TD to giveaway ratio (included ints + fumbles lost) better than him with minimum 30 starts. They happen to be Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Wilson. 3 sure fire 1st ballot HOf's and probably a 4th. So a top 5 QB in the league in TDs to turnovers working with some pretty nasty shit at some pretty important positions works for me all day long.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Wentz gets stripped a lot. If there is a problem on the exchange that is at least at part on him. I won't hold shotgun snaps over his head against him.

Fumbles are the weak part of his game IMO and they are killers. For every fumble you lose you need to make up at least a couple of great passes to compensate.

--------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The good news is, it’s probably one of the most correctable weaknesses a QB can have. I think he was making progress before the two injury shortened seasons set his development back in some areas. You know this is going to be a focus for him this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Wentz gets stripped a lot. If there is a problem on the exchange that is at least at part on him. I won't hold shotgun snaps over his head against him.

Fumbles are the weak part of his game IMO and they are killers. For every fumble you lose you need to make up at least a couple of great passes to compensate.
            He for sure plays a little too loose with the football. Needs to be a little more aware around the pocket or when he is extending a play. And with this defense, you gotta know you are giving up 7 everytime you fumble away the ball.

​​​​​​

Comment

He wasn't making progress. He was leading the league in fumbles last year when he was benched and this isn't Kelce's fault. People will make any excuse to cover for him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                The good news is, it’s probably one of the most correctable weaknesses a QB can have. I think he was making progress before the two injury shortened seasons set his development back in some areas. You know this is going to be a focus for him this offseason.
                For sure - would much rather this be an issue than too many INT's or him being very inaccurate. I have confidence he will correct it. Decision making and consistent accuracy will be the difference between him being good and great. Is he our Matt Ryan or our Aaron Rodgers? I'm hard on him because I expect Rodgers.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'd settle for Matt Ryan.

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

For sure - would much rather this be an issue than too many INT's or him being very inaccurate. I have confidence he will correct it. Decision making and consistent accuracy will be the difference between him being good and great. Is he our Matt Ryan or our Aaron Rodgers? I'm hard on him because I expect Rodgers.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    I'd settle for Matt Ryan.

Dude Wentz have driven me batshit this year no doubt but he has more talent than Matt Ryan. Matt has been throwing to Jones and Ridley.. not even close to being comparable when looking at supporting casts.

Comment

Don't give me your supporting cast shenanigans. This is McNabb all over again. The dude isn't on Ryan's level yet. Right now he's Winston, with potential to be much better.

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

Dude Wentz have driven me batshit this year no doubt but he has more talent than Matt Ryan. Matt has been throwing to Jones and Ridley.. not even close to being comparable when looking at supporting casts.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

We really can't look at his supporting cast compared to Matt's - it is night and day my man. Yes does he have to improve upon those fumbles for sure - you know what would help? F'ers getting open!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                          Don't give me your supporting cast shenanigans. This is McNabb all over again. The dude isn't on Ryan's level yet. Right now he's Winston, with potential to be much better.
                          Is this assuming that McNabb wasn't a great QB for a few years? I know it's popular to hate the guy, but it's hard for me to look at how good McNabb was 00-04, and see getting that "all over again" as a bad thing.

edit: I don't see the Rapeist comparison at all. In his first 5 years, he's just shown enough to get a bridge deal in the offseason. I do enjoy the novelty that he could lead the league in attempts, yards, TDs, and INTs.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-17-2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

The most talented QB ever is a pretty high bar. But I'd also be happy with Ryan. IMO Ryan is another QB that people think sucks for absolutely no reason. He's consistently been a top-8 QB for over 10 years (he may be on the decline now) and he's even put up great postseason numbers, contrary to his reputation. He's never been the problem in Atlanta.

I feel confident that Wentz can be a Matt Ryan-type, and that wouldn't be settling.
                            Last edited by art vandelay; 12-17-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Wentz is no McNabb. McNabb was good and Big Little had to defend him with the argument he's trying to make for a much lesser QB.

That said, I don't recall McNabb ever completing a pass like the one Wentz made to Ward for the win. That doesn't mean he's better. It just means that was impressive.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Is this assuming that McNabb wasn't a great QB for a few years? I know it's popular to hate the guy, but it's hard for me to look at how good McNabb was 00-04, and see getting that "all over again" as a bad thing.

edit: I don't see the Rapeist comparison at all. In his first 5 years, he's just shown enough to get a bridge deal in the offseason. I do enjoy the novelty that he could lead the league in attempts, yards, TDs, and INTs.
                              Last edited by BigSlizz; 12-17-2019, 12:16 PM.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X