This shit is all on Doug and not punting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This shit is all on Doug and not punting

Short field could have burned way more time kept the cunts in the game.

Elliott has to be better than 50/50 on 50+ yarders. No problem with challenging him to prove it.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      Elliott has to be better than 50/50 on 50+ yarders. No problem with challenging him to prove it.
      What?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Elliott is sixty percent from 50+. Odds are he hits one out of two. Doug played the odds.

Comment

That was a dumb fuck call at that time in that game ... and your post was about challenging Elliott ... which is about number forty-seven on my list of priorities in Week 16 with the playoffs on the line.

EDITED TO ADD: And if there ever was a stat in a vacuum ... that's it ... how many of those 50 plussers were outside in December?
          Last edited by slag; 12-23-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            That was a dumb fuck call at that time in that game ... and your post was about challenging Elliott ... which is about number forty-seven on my list of priorities in Week 16 with the playoffs on the line.

EDITED TO ADD: And if there ever was a stat in a vacuum ... that's it ... how many of those 50 plussers were outside in December?
            Spot on. That was exactly the point. You are up 2 scores not down 2 scores trying to get back into the game with 8 minutes left. There is no other right call but to punt and have the Cowboys March down the field twice and kill clock doing it.

It worked out in the end but doesn't mean it wasn't a horrific decision.

It's over let's move on to the Giants and hope it's corrected and he keeps running the ball and rolling a Wentz out of the pocket seems to be a good recipe for success lately.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

I gamble on Elliott from to hit one out of two from 50+. He had plenty of leg on the first kick.

Are you familiar with the Eagles secondary? They can give back 40 yards of field position in one play. I want the points.

It was a perfect decision.

Comment

It was a perfect decision.
                Alec Baldwin better watch out ... you do an excellent Donald Trump impression.
                Last edited by slag; 12-24-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

That was my goal. Anyway it was a perfectly defensible decision. Elliott has a big leg and the conditions weren't that challenging. I doubt the analytics showed much difference. Would be curious to see them.

Comment

That was my goal. Anyway it was a perfectly defensible decision. Elliott has a big leg and the conditions weren't that challenging. I doubt the analytics showed much difference. Would be curious to see them.
                    It seems like during the latter part of the season Doug has let the analytics inform his decision rather than sticking with them 100% of the time. Against the Giants he didn’t go for 2 when down 8, which he used to always do. I imagine it’s because he knows that analytics don’t really account for a team whose #1 WR is Greg Ward.

The decision was defensible considering points were hard to come by and Dallas looked very unlikely to score 14 points with how much time was left. I still think he should have kept the offense on the field.

Comment

Working...
                    X