Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm really starting to like Dan Orlovsky . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really starting to like Dan Orlovsky . . .

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...09698780553216

Haaaa!! Gold!

Comment

He brought a trash bag on Get Up and is hammering everyone that talked junk about Carson.. EPIC

Comment

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status...21236011409409

Comment

And more: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...97790749954052

Comment

Awesome.

Orlovsky is one of the few talking heads that I find watchable these days. His analysis of Wentz’s play has been informative. He’s the antithesis of Max Kellerman who is insufferable and has no idea what he’s talking about.

Comment

I know I’m only playing into ESPN’s hand, but I’ve enjoyed watching Orlovsky and Kellerman go back and forth over the past few weeks. The difference between a former player and a journalist who landed a sweet gig is striking. Kellerman has gone from saying that Alshon and Agholor were dropping passes because they didn’t like Wentz to saying that the Eagles have “excellent” options no matter who gets hurt. He said that Malcolm Jenkins deserved more credit for the victory against Dallas than Wentz, as though he had any ability to assess the play of a safety while watching a game on TV.

I find Kellerman to be worse than Skip Bayliss by a significant margin. I think the Eagles will win on Sunday and I look forward to hearing Kellerman’s ass-backwards take on Monday morning.

Comment

Kellerman jumped the shark once he got into the hot take business. His worst was years ago predicting Tom Brady was about to "fall off the cliff" and the guy has been to 3 superbowls since and would've won all 3 if not for BDN and big balls Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  I know I’m only playing into ESPN’s hand, but I’ve enjoyed watching Orlovsky and Kellerman go back and forth over the past few weeks. The difference between a former player and a journalist who landed a sweet gig is striking. Kellerman has gone from saying that Alshon and Agholor were dropping passes because they didn’t like Wentz to saying that the Eagles have “excellent” options no matter who gets hurt. He said that Malcolm Jenkins deserved more credit for the victory against Dallas than Wentz, as though he had any ability to assess the play of a safety while watching a game on TV.

I find Kellerman to be worse than Skip Bayliss by a significant margin. I think the Eagles will win on Sunday and I look forward to hearing Kellerman’s ass-backwards take on Monday morning.
                  One thing I have learned is the national guys rarely have enough breadth to get beyond the surface. Too much to cover. They aren't in the locker rooms, they just have sources who may or may not be accurate. "Hot takes" are cop outs. They used to be called "incorrect analysis" until it became less important to be accurate.

Kellerman is very good with boxing. Everything else, he's pretending like everyone else is.

EDIT - Talented ex-players like Orlovsky are nice because they can actually analyze the tape, which regular talking heads typically cannot do. So at least you get that.
                  Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-02-2020, 03:05 PM.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I agree with both of the above posts. Twitter and analytics have made it so much easier to learn what is going on in sports over the past few years. 15 or so years ago I loved watching PTI, but all it really ever was was two dudes yelling at each other.

Concerning Kellerman, I don’t want to sound like a Whitlock fanboy or anything (that dude has gone off the deep end), but I find his takes on social issues pretty unbearable. He just goes 100% woke no matter what.

Comment

I don't know what to make of Whitlock. I used to be a big fan. I think the nature of Twitter/social media forces people to the extremes. There is no civility and no accountability. Any position you come out with is going to met with all sorts of push back, a lot of it nasty and personal because the person is hiding behind a keyboard. It seems natural that you would then identify those folks with the opposite position and double down. Whitlock has quadrupled down on social issues. His positions sometimes seem so obtuse that it's hard for me to believe that he actually believes them.

Comment

Kellerman is unbareable sometimes. He sticks to his agenda no matter what and will not let it go regardless of whether or not he gets proved wrong over and over again.

​​​​​​McCarthy is right, he is phenomenal at boxing and that is pretty much it. Stephen A carries him the rest of the way.

He really needs to get off the social issue thing it looks so disingenuous going so far as to say he gets invited to more cookouts than Stephen A.

Couldn't agree more with all the above posts about Kellerman or Orlovsky.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          I don't know what to make of Whitlock. I used to be a big fan. I think the nature of Twitter/social media forces people to the extremes. There is no civility and no accountability. Any position you come out with is going to met with all sorts of push back, a lot of it nasty and personal because the person is hiding behind a keyboard. It seems natural that you would then identify those folks with the opposite position and double down. Whitlock has quadrupled down on social issues. His positions sometimes seem so obtuse that it's hard for me to believe that he actually believes them.
                          Yeah I also don't believe that Whitlock believes his own takes. Some of his takes would probably take this thread waaay off course, but his assertion that the Lamar Jackson hype was SJW nonsense (or something) was rather interesting. But, fiscally, Whitlock is making a great decision with his stance on social issues.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Yeah I also don't believe that Whitlock believes his own takes. Some of his takes would probably take this thread waaay off course, but his assertion that the Lamar Jackson hype was SJW nonsense (or something) was rather interesting. But, fiscally, Whitlock is making a great decision with his stance on social issues.
                            My biggest problem with him is, I've observed several times where the heat is on and he resorts to "oh, Twitter is just for fun, you can't take it seriously" or something like that. Can't have it both ways. Or you can, but then nobody should listen to anything you say.

Comment

Working...
                            X