Sixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers

Watched the scrimmage they had on Sunday...quite entertaining. Simmons looked unstoppable. It also sounds like Embiid is close to returning to full health.

That being said, has anyone heard what is going on with Fultz? This guy was supposed to be an above average shooter, and now all I've been reading is about how this guy can't shoot and they are trying to fix his form. I don't get it...

The medical staff got their hands on him. He's done

Comment

For some reason, his (Fultz) shooting coach decided that to improve his FT percentage, they should completely re-work his shot. Fultz says it’s not a big deal and he’s just trying things, but Brett Brown made matters worse after Sunday saying they needed to “fix it” but then he sorta walked that back today.

I’m going to the preseason game tomorrow and my mindset is, until Markelle’s shot is a problem, it’s not a problem.

Comment

That's my understanding, too. Basically tried to change something that didn't need to be changed and Brown was frustrated. I'm not worried about it.

My only worry with this team is Embiid's health. I think Simmons is going to be the best player on the team, but they need them both out there to reach their potential. Either way, I'm excited. Maybe more excited than I was for the beginning of football season, which is weird.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

My JoJo feeling is the same as my Fultz shot feeling...Until he actually misses time, I'm chalking it all up to them being overly cautious.

He's playing tennis with an assistant coach and then jogging home through the streets of Old City. If they were REALLY worried, he wouldn't be doing any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            My JoJo feeling is the same as my Fultz shot feeling...Until he actually misses time, I'm chalking it all up to them being overly cautious.

He's playing tennis with an assistant coach and then jogging home through the streets of Old City. If they were REALLY worried, he wouldn't be doing any of that.
            Ahahaah this guy is a legend...night-running through the streets!

Comment

I hear ya. And I agree about the tennis, etc. I think he is ready to roll.

But it is just hard for me to ignore the history of big men with those types of injuries. I'm going to enjoy it for however long it lasts, because he has such potential and is such a dynamic person. I just can't shake the feeling that one day there is going to be a 30 for 30 on Jo Jo being Philly's version of "the best that never was."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                That's my understanding, too. Basically tried to change something that didn't need to be changed and Brown was frustrated. I'm not worried about it.

My only worry with this team is Embiid's health. I think Simmons is going to be the best player on the team, but they need them both out there to reach their potential. Either way, I'm excited. Maybe more excited than I was for the beginning of football season, which is weird.

https://youtu.be/T2DHVAnrNlk

I went back and watched his college highlights. I've been playing and watching bball for a large portion of my life...see nothing there that needed to be changed. The Sixers do some DUMB things sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  For some reason, his (Fultz) shooting coach decided that to improve his FT percentage, they should completely re-work his shot. Fultz says it’s not a big deal and he’s just trying things, but Brett Brown made matters worse after Sunday saying they needed to “fix it” but then he sorta walked that back today.

I’m going to the preseason game tomorrow and my mindset is, until Markelle’s shot is a problem, it’s not a problem.
                  He should shoot FTs underhanded if he wants to improve it.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Nowhere for Fultz to go but up after this one. Simmons’ ability to drive and his vision are unreal. Redick is gonna have a big year. They need JoJo on D, badly.

Comment

It’s esrly but looks like the kid from NC State is gonna be damn near unstoppable on O. But he doesn’t play a lick of D

Comment

I hope Fultz pans out, otherwise he'll be the Sixers' Pumphrey. There were a ton of good guards in this draft. The whole "changing his shot and now he can't shoot" thing is a little troubling. Add the pressure of being the first pick and he's probably having a tough time. I loved everything I read about him and I'm sure he'll be fine. Thankfully he's the second best PG on the team.

Comment

Thankfully he's the second best PG on the team.
                          I think that's part of the "problem" right now. He's having to learn how to essential be a 2 guard when he's been the point his whole life. Adjusting to that, plus learning the system and figuring out how to live the correct NBA lifestyle (you know, not eating Chick-Fil-A every day) all while recovering from an injury that set him back.

I think he'll be fine once he figures it all out. It's a lot to process and work on. He might struggle early, but, by the end of the year (I hope) he'll be playing good ball.

Comment

I hope Fultz pans out, otherwise he'll be the Sixers' Pumphrey. There were a ton of good guards in this draft. The whole "changing his shot and now he can't shoot" thing is a little troubling. Add the pressure of being the first pick and he's probably having a tough time. I loved everything I read about him and I'm sure he'll be fine. Thankfully he's the second best PG on the team.
                            That's how I feel. He's the #1 pick...why on earth would you try to change his shot??

Comment

Lonzo ball woulda been sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X