What my man Jay Ajayi said...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What my man Jay Ajayi said...

I'll never forget him losing it that day, like he was a lifelong Eagles fan. He was a big part of the perfect season.

Thanks for the memories, Jay. You were awesome.

I feel bad that his career is likely over, but though it was short, he got a chance to be on a SB winning team and he helped make it happen. How many guys play long careers and never sniff a championship, Howie did him a huge favor by trading for him in late 2017. Enjoy retirement man, you earned it.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

He was the “get them over the hump” acquisition(the last of a long line of moves Howie nailed that year). I remember the concern being the long term health of his knees which was spot on...thankfully he served his purpose I don’t think that team wins a super bowl without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
        He was the “get them over the hump” acquisition(the last of a long line of moves Howie nailed that year). I remember the concern being the long term health of his knees which was spot on...thankfully he served his purpose I don’t think that team wins a super bowl without him.
        I don't either. I hesitate to put him in the Pete Rose/Moses Malone class of difference makers, but you can legitimately say there's no parade without Kelce's man Jay Ajayi.

Comment

I agree with the above posts. RB was a quiet weakness of the 2017 team before Ajayi came over. The offense was able to do a lot more due to his presence imo. Very good move by Howie, but we see now why the price was low. Bummer for him to be such an old 26.

Comment

He def helped us win that Bowl and played well. Hopefully another team picks him up. Gives the guy a chance

Comment

Working...
            X