X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needs don’t change despite the encouraging finish

2 starting caliber CB’s
    1 or 2 starting caliber safeties
    never gave a fuck about the LB spot, why start now?
    not as hopped up about WR, we need talent there for sure but it seems like it’s a matter of guys who have something to prove that make the difference

New CB and WR coach.

Wentz wasn’t going anywhere even if he shit the bed.

Biggest change in my thinking is spending a high pick on a wideout. Screw that.
    Last edited by brotherharv; 12-26-2019, 04:18 PM.

I’m still not sold on the defense....needs could change vastly if there are any changes regarding DC.

With that aside...

1) I think you need 1 very good DB and 1 very good up & coming safety..

2) A burner for the WRs and someone who can become a strong possessive type.

The OL with need some additional reinforcement due to aging players.
    Last edited by Raptor; 12-26-2019, 04:24 PM.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
      Because you have at least two of them on the field for most of the game, you're letting Bradham and KGH walk, and it's a terrific LB draft. I'm not saying day one, but LB has to a top three priority in this draft, after WR and CB.

Comment

2 starting caliber CB’s
        not as hopped up about WR, we need talent there for sure but it seems like it's a matter of guys who have something to prove that make the difference

This team has to pair Wentz with a real wideout over the next decade. They don't have that player on the roster. JJ and Ward are complementary receivers at best. They knew they needed to fill that spot last year with Jeffery on the decline but failed with JJ. They were forced to restructure Jeffery's contract as a result. They can't go into next season with these wideouts again. To their credit, they were being proactive versus reactive by trying to find that future wideout last year. Unfortunately, JJ most likely isn't that guy. While I've said before, I'm not a fan of drafting a wideout in the first round, they really don't have a choice.

Comment

They definitely have to get a WR through the draft, and probably rounds 1 or 2. Historically, a standout CB is a Round 1 or 2 requirement, too.

Finding replacements for Jenkins and/or McLeod is going to be difficult...maybe some Howie trade magic there?

With 10 picks and continued improvement from the young dudes (Maddox, Barnett, Dillard, maybe the no-name WRs and DTs), it's the perfect year to transition from the "old guy" approach that they've tried since the SB season.

I have my doubts that any significant coaching changes will take place.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            I’m still not sold on the defense....needs could change vastly if there are any changes regarding DC.

With that aside...

1) I think you need 1 very good DB and 1 very good up & coming safety..

2) A burner for the WRs and someone who can become a strong possessive type.

The OL with need some additional reinforcement due to aging players.

Djax is signed for 2 more years. He is a burner and become a better route runner than a one trick pony. When healthy, he can still fly and take the top off a defense. If they find the #1 on the opposite side to replace Jeffery that would be great as the possession receiver and keep Ward as depth in the rotation or out of the slot I guess. With Ertz and Dallas and an emerging Sanders should be good on offense.

This should be a heavy defensive draft unless you can get on of the top 3 WR in the draft which would require moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Djax is signed for 2 more years. He is a burner and become a better route runner than a one trick pony. When healthy, he can still fly and take the top off a defense. If they find the #1 on the opposite side to replace Jeffery that would be great as the possession receiver and keep Ward as depth in the rotation or out of the slot I guess. With Ertz and Dallas and an emerging Sanders should be good on offense.

This should be a heavy defensive draft unless you can get on of the top 3 WR in the draft which would require moving up.
              Because relying on 32 year old Desean to be the sole source of speed on the outside has worked out so well to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Because relying on 32 year old Desean to be the sole source of speed on the outside has worked out so well to this point.

Exactly...the last time he completed a 16 game was in 2013, he did have 2 15 games seasons....but steady is not his thing.

We need another like him...that he can coach/mentor.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

Exactly...the last time he completed a 16 game was in 2013, he did have 2 15 games seasons....but steady is not his thing.

We need another like him...that he can coach/mentor.
                  I wouldn't mind keeping him around, but the idea of not addressing the most glaring weakness on this team (speed) because you're counting on Jackson to be the man after a season ending injury is madness. There are more than three really good receivers in this draft.

Comment

I wouldn't mind keeping him around, but the idea of not addressing the most glaring weakness on this team (speed) because you're counting on Jackson to be the man after a season ending injury is madness. There are more than three really good receivers in this draft.
                    I would agree with you the reason I mentioned Djax is I don't know what his contract situation is and if they can cut bait on both him and Jeffrey unscathed.

You can add a speedy WR in later rounds I guess or if there is one in FA.

I would assume they would have to make a decision on their 1st pick of who is the BPA on the board at either the WR CB S and go from there.

Edit to add: they would keep 5 - 6 so Djax Ward and they would need to figure out 4 more if they can cut Jeffrey loose and Ags is gone so they can for sure bring in another burner that can also field punt and kick returns and be depth at the position
                    Last edited by Spartan92; 12-27-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                      You can add a speedy WR in later rounds I guess or if there is one in FA.
                      The solution to the most obvious, glaring weakness on the team is... another Shelton Gibson.

I don't know if you're trolling with this or not, but it doesn't matter. They're drafting WR, and they're doing it early.

Comment

The solution to the most obvious, glaring weakness on the team is... another Shelton Gibson.

I don't know if you're trolling with this or not, but it doesn't matter. They're drafting WR, and they're doing it early.

No no not trolling at all. We all know they need WR 1st round but I am not too confident in Howie pulling the trigger on a WR in the 1st. With projected 3 3rds and 3 4ths in comp pics, would love to see them move up to draft Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs and Higgins but they may all be gone in the top 10 or 12 which may be too costly.

After those 4, and I am openly saying I am no sure, is there anyone worth spending a 1st round pick at WR if there is a better CB sitting there is my point?

Comment

2 starting caliber CB’s
                          1 or 2 starting caliber safeties
                          not as hopped up about WR, we need talent there for sure but it seems like it’s a matter of guys who have something to prove that make the difference

New CB and WR coach.

Wentz wasn’t going anywhere even if he shit the bed.

1 GM
                          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                          X