Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone explain why Doug doesn't deserve COY consideration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain why Doug doesn't deserve COY consideration.

I'll hang up and listen.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Agreed. There are idiots on here who will want the entire coaching staff canned at season's end
    Last edited by dev_32; 12-29-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Hell of a coach and I never saw this coming when they hired him. 3 years in a row with disastrous injuries to key players and he just rallies them into playing their best football when it matters most. Leader of men!

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        I'll hang up and listen.
        This is the most injury riddled team I've ever seen. He's the clear coach of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

It's an interesting question but I'm not sure if the beneficiary of the NFL's seeding system (which I don't think they should change) should win COTY. And due to the perception that the NFC East was one of the worst divisions ever (it wasn't), Doug probably won't get serious consideration.

I would probably go with Peyton because the Saints went undefeated with Tedy, even though it's a totally valid argument that the Eagles' collective injuries were (much) worse. It seems like the consensus is that it will either be Harbaugh or Shanahan though.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-29-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Doug is a great coach.

Comment

I'll hang up and listen.
              He deserves consideration and what he dd with this team down the home stretch was very impressive.I don't see them winning a Super Bowl but who knows? Just win next week is all I ask right now.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                Doug is a great coach.
                He will still make the head scratcher of a call on more than occasion,,,but yeah the guy is as cool they come,,Great HC,,,,so Roth how did you get into the Press conference last week and as dougie that question???
                Last edited by TRENT; 12-29-2019, 08:58 PM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

He deserves consideration and what he dd with this team down the home stretch was very impressive.I don't see them winning a Super Bowl but who knows? Just win next week is all I ask right now.
                  He has his faults, and at times he drives us crazy. But he is a hell of a manager of football players.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

He has his faults, and at times he drives us crazy. But he is a hell of a manager of football players.
                    He's an idiot sometimes. But ball players will go through a brick wall for him. And that's everything you want in a coach.

Comment

Doug is a great coach.
                      Indeed he is. I have found the weekly assertions that he sucks/the SB was luck/Reich was the brains quite baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

He will still make the head scratcher of a call on more than occasion,,,but yeah the guy is as cool they come,,Great HC,,,,so Roth how did you get into the Press conference last week and as dougie that question???
                        I wish I could take credit for that. That guy was hilarious!

Comment

I wish I could take credit for that. That guy was hilarious!
                          I have complete faith in you!
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I'll hang up and listen.
                            Because Kyle Shanahan took a 3 win team and will win their division or at least make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Because Kyle Shanahan took a 3 win team and will win their division or at least make the playoffs.
                              It seems like Shanahan is going to win, but IMO he's benefitting too much from the factor that Jimmy G was hurt last year (or maybe that his team just sucked). Obviously you could argue that Doug shouldn't benefit too much from this year's injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X