So if Zimmer is fired in Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Zimmer is fired in Minnesota

would you take him to replace Schwartz? He runs a 4-3 defense and is one heck of a DC. Don't see him being a hot commodity as a HC considering the Vikings have always underperformed in the playoffs other than a miracle play against New Orleans. (Especially if he loses this weekend will be 1-3)

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
    would you take him to replace Schwartz? He runs a 4-3 defense and is one heck of a DC. Don't see him being a hot commodity as a HC considering the Vikings have always underperformed in the playoffs other than a miracle play against New Orleans. (Especially if he loses this weekend will be 1-3)
    Shorts will get another pass unless the Hags score 35+

Comment

Why would you replace a coach who's defense is a large reason why you are in the playoffs for the third consecutive year?

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
        Why would you replace a coach who's defense is a large reason why you are in the playoffs for the third consecutive year?
        Maybe he needs better players to run his system bc most of the times this defense looks flat out awful. Granted they have been playing very well lately. I would like to know if he contributes to the decisions on what talent is kept or not.

Comment

Schvontz isn't going anywhere unless he gets a HC job.

Comment

Wonder what all the talk of major coaching changes was a few weeks ago then. Groh? Undlin? The 8 year tenured strength and conditioning coaches? Groh would be an obvious choice but Doug calls the plays so doubt that is really high on his priority list.

Comment

I've heard more than one person mention him as a potential target for Dallas if he gets canned by Minnesota.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I've heard more than one person mention him as a potential target for Dallas if he gets canned by Minnesota.
                Ya I just heard that too. Schwartz run D had been phenomenal the secondary play has been the issue and I guess if we get him some players that can man up and fit his scheme he may not be as bad as some including me thinks.

We really haven't had a legit #1 corner or a lock down type corner on one side of the field his whole tenure so that I assume would help cut the field in half and roll coverage to the other side. Player upgrades are a definite must. Darby ain't going to cut it.

Comment

You don't fire the DC of the Super Bowl Champs!

Comment

Working...
                  X