• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 RBs

1. Sanders
    2. Howard
    3. Scott
    4. Clement

Bring back Howard. I'm a huge fan and followed him in Chicago. Guy is a beast and just finished out the last year of his rookie contract. Just hitting his prime. You need a proven downhill runner to control the clock. Even though Doug doesn't like to run downhill. Plus guys go down as we've seen. One slip up during practice and there goes a season with a torn knee.
    Our RBs were stout in 17 and a big reason for our success. I'll be pissed if they let this guy walk.
    Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-06-2020, 09:52 PM.

We all like Howard, but he's more valuable as a comp pick. Sanders and Scott are effective. That money is better spent elsewhere. Either draft a big back, or sign one off the heap.

Clement is a nonfactor and will be gone.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Clement isn't bad as a 4th back. If they don't sign Howard. I bet money they'll add another small back.
      Doug likes to pass a lot and call gimmick runs for the little guys. It appears Howard was a healthy scratch yesterday. Which makes no sense to me. Still has the 3rd most running yards over the last 4 seasons.
      Look at Blount in 17. He lit a few people up and went beast mode a couple times. You need guys like that to beat up on defenses.
      Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-06-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        We all like Howard, but he's more valuable as a comp pick. Sanders and Scott are effective. That money is better spent elsewhere. Either draft a big back, or sign one off the heap.

Clement is a nonfactor and will be gone.
        This.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

This.
          Yup...JH is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            Yup...JH is gone

You're right. Reid and Doug like small backs in their offense. Every time we get big back they're ran out of town. Murray lands the rushing title with close to 2,000 yards.. Chip hardly gives him any carries and they get rid of him. Blount has 750+ yards of downhill running and helps us win the big game.. They show no interest in bringing him back. Howard pounds the ball for 500+ yards and 7 TDs in just over a 1/2 season with limited playing time.. And we all know he's a good as gone.
            Plus the guy is gonna get some big offers. 3rd most rushing yards in the NFL over the last 4 seasons just hitting his prime.

1. Sanders
            2. Scott
            3. who knows
            4. who knows
            Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-07-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maggsgsr View Post
              1. Sanders
              2. Howard
              3. Scott
              4. Clement

Bring back Howard. I'm a huge fan and followed him in Chicago. Guy is a beast and just finished out the last year of his rookie contract. Just hitting his prime. You need a proven downhill runner to control the clock. Even though Doug doesn't like to run downhill. Plus guys go down as we've seen. One slip up during practice and there goes a season with a torn knee.
              Our RBs were stout in 17 and a big reason for our success. I'll be pissed if they let this guy walk.
              I would love to see that 4

Comment

Me too. Plus guys get hurt. This season was a perfect example. We started out with 3 solid WRs. Ended up practice squad guys. So I can't see letting a traditional 3 down 20-25 carry a game pro bowl RB walk in his prime.
                Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-07-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X