McLane article on JJAG over Metcalf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLane article on JJAG over Metcalf

I still had my one FREE article available and used it on McLane’s article yesterday. (I feel like Elaine Bennis determining if a suitor is sponge worthy)

Eagles had a “very high grade” on DK but medical concerns (neck) so had a lower round grade on him. I’m not buying it. I think diamond Joe, the scouts, and Howie blew it and are using this as a cover up.

“Metcalf wasn’t on the Eagles’ draft board in the first two rounds, however, because he failed the team’s physical, sources said. A neck injury in October 2018 ended his redshirt sophomore season and was enough to drop him into latter-round assessments for some teams, including the Eagles.”

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/jj-a...-20200108.html
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-09-2020, 08:05 AM.

I believe it. They have to justify spend an exorbitant amount of money on evaluating players, so they institute barriers.

The result is an over analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      I believe it. They have to justify spend an exorbitant amount of money on evaluating players, so they institute barriers.

The result is an over analysis.

Paralysis by analysis

Comment

Clearly, when comparing JJAW's rookie year to his, the Eagles fucked up ... but I'm pretty sure this was one of those situations when a guy who was thought a first round talent dropped in the minds of the draft geniuses.

Could have been physical issues ... and I vaguely remember something about his game not projecting to the pros for some reason ... route running? ... not high pointing the ball to the second level with greasy hips? ... fuck if I remember.

In any event, the Eagles may have been gun shy because of what happened with Sidney Jones.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          I still had my one FREE article available and used it on McLane’s article yesterday. (I feel like Elaine Bennis determining if a suitor is sponge worthy)

Eagles had a “very high grade” on DK but medical concerns (neck) so had a lower round grade on him. I’m not buying it. I think diamond Joe, the scouts, and Howie blew it and are using this as a cover up.

“Metcalf wasn’t on the Eagles’ draft board in the first two rounds, however, because he failed the team’s physical, sources said. A neck injury in October 2018 ended his redshirt sophomore season and was enough to drop him into latter-round assessments for some teams, including the Eagles.”

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/jj-a...-20200108.html
          Oh good, we didn't draft him because he "failed a physical" presumably administered by Doc McStuffins and our crack medical staff.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Oh good, we didn't draft him because he "failed a physical" presumably administered by Doc McStuffins and our crack medical staff.
            That made me laugh

Comment

At least Howie's acknowledging that they over-valued college production and under-value elite traits. I really think that was a #diamondjoe thing. I just hope he doesn't go all the way in the opposite direction now and start over-drafting combine warriors.

As far as Metcalf, I don't think there's any cover up going on. They obviously had him on their board and downgraded him for some reason or another. There's no getting around the fact that whatever that reason was, it turned out to be wrong. Howie basically admitted that as much as he could without saying they wish they hadn't drafted JJ.

Comment

Working...
              X