Why Duce makes the most sense as Eagles OC, by Reuben Frank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Duce makes the most sense as Eagles OC, by Reuben Frank

I really can't disagree with any of this.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ator-mike-groh
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

He does makes the most sense but I have this feeling they are going outside the organization for it.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

They are still going to run the same basic offense. Doug is still going to call plays. Let's see what Duce can do.

Frankly I don't see how they can justify not giving Duce the job.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The biggest upside is he would push to run the ball. The problem seems to be they want a QB whisperer for Wentz. I would take a physical OC any day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
          The biggest upside is he would push to run the ball. The problem seems to be they want a QB whisperer for Wentz. I would take a physical OC any day.
          That’s easy to fix, bring back McCown as a QB position coach....keep the same faces and positive leader while not upsetting the hierarchy. ( McCown taking direction from Duce)
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

That’s easy to fix, bring back McCown as a QB position coach....keep the same faces and positive leader while not upsetting the hierarchy. ( McCown taking direction from Duce)
            This is what makes the most sense, IMO, assuming McCown doesn't want to try for another year as a QB.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

They are still going to run the same basic offense. Doug is still going to call plays. Let's see what Duce can do.

Frankly I don't see how they can justify not giving Duce the job.
              but this is why I think they need to bring someone from outside of the organization in. I think They need to bring someone in who will bring in new ideas for Doug to work with. Continuing to promote within stifles new ways of thinking. I’m just not crazy about promoting Duce.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

but this is why I think they need to bring someone from outside of the organization in. I think They need to bring someone in who will bring in new ideas for Doug to work with. Continuing to promote within stifles new ways of thinking. I’m just not crazy about promoting Duce.
                I'm not either. I love him where he is, he has a lot of influence, I don't doubt he could do the job... I just want new blood, new ideas and approaches in that room.

I was on the Gruden train, but I think Jim Caldwell is my top choice. I don't care that he's older. Older guys know more because they've seen more. Caldwell would be great for Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I'm not either. I love him where he is, he has a lot of influence, I don't doubt he could do the job... I just want new blood, new ideas and approaches in that room.

I was on the Gruden train, but I think Jim Caldwell is my top choice. I don't care that he's older. Older guys know more because they've seen more. Caldwell would be great for Wentz.
                  Caldwell would be my top pick as well.

Comment

Jay Gruden for me but doubt he will take it

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                      Jay Gruden for me but doubt he will take it
                      If he's going to coach in 2020, it's going to be as an OC. Where will come down to money.

Comment

Yeah, Jim Caldwell is full of new ideas.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

Ya I agree with this. He was promoted to assistant head coach so he already had that title. I feel his influence is there no matter what. Doug needs someone from the outside to challenge his ideas and bring in new ones.

No offense to anyone but Gruden was a disaster in Washington. Maybe he is a better OC than he was a HC but fuck a Cowboy Giant or Redskin lol. Caldwell works for me.
                          ​​​​​
                          ​​​
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X