Rooney rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooney rule

Might be working against minority coaches getting jobs. If a team just has to check the box to interview minority coaches there is an easy out. I’m not a quota guy but something needs to be done. I also think there should be pressure on flagship franchises like the Giants and Cowboys to set an example.

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
    Might be working against minority coaches getting jobs. If a team just has to check the box to interview minority coaches there is an easy out. I’m not a quota guy but something needs to be done. I also think there should be pressure on flagship franchises like the Giants and Cowboys to set an example.
    How about take the best candidate for your open position and not worry about race, nationality, creed, sexuality or blood type?

Comment

Because they don’t take the best candidate, they take the most familiar.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

How about take the best candidate for your open position and not worry about race, nationality, creed, sexuality or blood type?
        Because it seems strange that are so many reach white candidates getting jobs when black seasoned assistants don’t. The narrative was minority coaches did not get head jobs because they were not coordinators. Now that they are the jobs go to other young white guys. I am no bleeding heart but something is off.

Comment

Joe Judge? Matt Rhule? You would think Eric Bienemy wo played in the league and has run the most creative offense in the league would be familiar.

Comment

Joe Judge? Matt Rhule? You would think Eric Bienemy wo played in the league and has run the most creative offense in the league would be familiar.
            Yes, they took them because they’re white...70% of the players (maybe higher) are black. Gimme a break...

Comment

It definitely seemed like the Duce Staley interview was just to check the box.

I don’t know. If a team doesn’t hire the best head coach for the opening, that’s their funeral.

Comment

How does Eric Bieneny not get a job?
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

How does Eric Bieneny not get a job?
                  It may not make sense at all but maybe because everyone considers Andy Reid the play caller and if that is the reason that is a piss poor way of thinking.
                  ​​​Reich didn't call the plays either but got a HC job??? Seems weird. Did he even get any interviews?

Comment

There’s a reason and it’s not because he’s black. Owners want to WIN...it brings in MORE money. That’s all they care about.

Comment

There’s a reason and it’s not because he’s black. Owners want to WIN...it brings in MORE money. That’s all they care about.
                      Yep, Joe Judge is the answer.

Comment

Yes, they took them because they’re white...70% of the players (maybe higher) are black. Gimme a break...
                        100% of the owners are white. Might have something to do with it.
                        Last edited by 1960; 01-09-2020, 11:41 PM.

Comment

You are a naive dumb fuck.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

You are a naive dumb fuck.
                            So if all these owners are so racist and don’t want to win, why draft / sign black players?

Comment

So if all these owners are so racist and don’t want to win, why draft / sign black players?
                              This is terribly naive.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X