No announcement yet.

Rooney rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it... The owners can only be “Kind of” racist...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Did he even get any interviews?
      He had 3 and I think he should be a HC. I’m just not buying the fact that GMs are specifically not hiring black HCs because of racism.

Look at a guy like Dave Gettleman...the guys is incredibly close to being fired. Don’t you think if your job depends on it, you’d hire Bieniemy if you believed he’s the best fit? Maybe he’s just dumb...which is quite possible.
      Last edited by Ground_Meat; 01-10-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

He had 3 and I think he should be a HC. I’m just not buying the fact that GMs are specifically not hiring black HCs because of racism.

Look at a guy like Dave Gettleman...the guys is incredibly close to being fired. Don’t you think if your job depends on it, you’d hire Bieniemy if you believed he’s the best fit? Maybe he’s just dumb...which is quite possible.

It isn’t a matter of explicit racism, it’s implicit bias. People are more likely to hire people who look like them and have a similar cultural background.

I see this first hand in my own organization. Our management team has been a “girl’s club” for over 20 years. Every single management hire has been a woman. Furthermore, the owner is black and nearly all of her management hires across the enterprise have been black.
        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 01-10-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
          Might be working against minority coaches getting jobs. If a team just has to check the box to interview minority coaches there is an easy out. I’m not a quota guy but something needs to be done. I also think there should be pressure on flagship franchises like the Giants and Cowboys to set an example.
          JERRUH brought in Marvin Lewis after he decided to hire McCarthy, how that is not an infraction I do not know.

Comment

The Rooney Rule was devised and written to create equal opportunity - and from that POV - its been successful. More opportunities have been created, more real (and sham) interviews have been conducted and more men of color have had the chance to put their best foot forward. The recent whining is about how many are currently HC's but that number goes up and down over time in the Not For Long league
            I don't believe you can force any owner to choose somebody, that's just not realistic. Keep creating opportunities - that's what the Rooney Rule is about. It does not contemplate results

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              The Rooney Rule was devised and written to create equal opportunity - and from that POV - its been successful. More opportunities have been created, more real (and sham) interviews have been conducted and more men of color have had the chance to put their best foot forward. The recent whining is about how many are currently HC's but that number goes up and down over time in the Not For Long league
              I don't believe you can force any owner to choose somebody, that's just not realistic. Keep creating opportunities - that's what the Rooney Rule is about. It does not contemplate results
              Stating facts isn't whining.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

If Josh Mcdaniels was black he would never get another interview for HC after stinking it up in Den & flaking with Ind.
                Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Browns just hired Stefanski over Saleh & Bienimy. Saleh’s defense crushed Stefanski yesterday & Stefanki offense does not compare to KC.
                  Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Working...
                  X