winner this thursday = NFC favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winner this thursday = NFC favorite

there is no dominant team in the NFC. of the three one-loss teams, GB is too much of a one-man show. carolina's defense and cam are back to form so i won't panic if the eagles lose this one, but whoever wins is on the inside track for home field throughout.

i was expecting a borderline playoff team, and a 3-2 start, maybe 5-4 before the bye would have been good enough. 5-1 would be well beyond my expectations, and 4-2 would still put them in good position for a home game.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 10-10-2017, 11:03 AM.

Get back to me when my brother is chewing on my ear about how bad the drivers are on I-95, while simultaneously chewing on a turkey leg.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I was expecting 2-5 start

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      there is no dominant team in the NFC. of the three one-loss teams, GB is too much of a one-man show. carolina's defense and cam are back to form so i won't panic if the eagles lose this one, but whoever wins is on the inside track for home field throughout.

i was expecting a borderline playoff team, and a 3-2 start, maybe 5-4 before the bye would have been good enough. 5-1 would be well beyond my expectations, and 4-2 would still put them in good position for a home game.
      So I'm wrong. Everything would have to go exactly right for the Eagles to pull off an away win on Thursday night.

The DWPE* is set at 5% for this game.

* "Dimmy Win Percentage Expectation"
      DB

Comment

yeah, it's too early

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Get back to me when my brother is chewing on my ear about how bad the drivers are on I-95, while simultaneously chewing on a turkey leg.
        In the FF era, this game went 1 of two ways:

1) Panthers eek out victory thanks the FF's ineptitude during the late game. Teams meet again in NFC CG and FF is again inept either failing to run the ball or leaving too much time on the clock (usually both).

2) Eagles whoop Panthers. thanks to monstrous run game setting up a few big passing plays. They meet again in the playoffs Blount terrorizes the Panthers with a few big ground plays again befored FF realizes that while running the ball worked so well in the previous game and 1st half, he thinks that they think that he thinks that they think he just keep running it. So he passes repeatedly in the second half, only to salt away a 14-3 lead.

did I get that right?

Comment

Like Slaggy said....

.....get back to me later too much season left, hell, we are not even halfway.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

they're beyond my expectations too, though i never thought they'd be 2-5 bad.

that being said i don't think things look great for them on thursday. they would have to play their best game of the pederson area. i'll put the odds of a win at 35%. if cox plays i think they'll limit cam the way they have the past couple times aroud, and at least keep it close.
            Last edited by art vandelay; 10-10-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Aaron Rogers says pffft
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

i think the panthers are a more complete team. and, if the eagles were to top the panthers (which i'm not saying they will), i think that would be grounds to also say they're a more complete team.

the prospect of facing aaron rodgers in the playoffs is daunting, but the packers are much more of a one-man team than your typical contender. it's also pretty popular to criticize mccarthy, but maybe too much blame falls on him, as opposed to the team's personnel woes.

Comment

They choked away the Super Bowl, but, Atlanta is still out there and I think they're a more complete team than the Eagles.

If the Eagles stay hot, home field will be imperative. GB and ATL are much different teams at home. For the Eagles to beat those teams, I think the road to Minneapolis will have to go through The Linc.

Comment

That dude is AMAZING.
                    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Home field advantage in modern day NFCCGs for us has been SHIT.
                      WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE, ONLY 5 GAMES IN AND TALKIN ABOUT NFC TITLE GAME. CHILL.

ONE GAME AT A TIME.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

yeah, despite some close games and a loss to buffalo, atlanta is still good.

to respond to your and DSG's posts, this thread is more about how good carolina is than anything else. they look like the best team in the NFC. but if the eagles exceed my expectations this week, which would require an even better regular-season effort than the indy game in 2010 (that was at home), they would leapfrog a few teams in the NFC ranks.

Comment

Im sticking to my Preseason Prediction

10-6 possible home playoff game.

win or lose thursday a W against the Foreskins 11 days later would be a huuuuuge step in the right direction!
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Agreed.
                              Thursday's game is worrisome - without Lane Johnson I am concerned.

Comment

Working...
                              X