Confidential to Sex Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Sex Panther

Shut up. One rehabbed a broken leg and the other threw up.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

What does that have to do with his point?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Not to speak out of turn, but it illustrates that perhaps there was more than one person to blame for the "break up of the Eagles" (I never thought of it that way, honestly). It took two grown men acting like babies to make that happen. McNabb is too obtuse and petty to admit that. Not everyone is on McNabb's side with this one and primarily that is because one baby played in the SB with a broken leg and the other baby puked on the field.

Edited to Add: Also, TO isn't the one bringing it up. It's McNabb. It's ALWAYS McNabb. And I think the overarching sentiment from Eagles fans is: Nobody cares anymore because Nick Foles got us a Lombardi.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-23-2020, 09:48 AM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Not to speak out of turn, but it illustrates that perhaps there was more than one person to blame for the "break up of the Eagles" (I never thought of it that way, honestly). It took two grown men acting like babies to make that happen. McNabb is too obtuse and petty to admit that. Not everyone is on McNabb's side with this one and primarily that is because one baby played in the SB with a broken leg and the other baby puked on the field.

Edited to Add: Also, TO isn't the one bringing it up. It's McNabb. It's ALWAYS McNabb. And I think the overarching sentiment from Eagles fans is: Nobody cares anymore because Nick Foles got us a Lombardi.
        Yeah ... well, puking as a negative on him is fucking bullshit.

I loved TO's game but he was a stone whackjob who had a bigger need to be the center of attention than McNabb ... and that's saying something.

McNabb puked, stayed in the game, and then threw a TD to get to within 3 ... it wasn't like he was trembling in his boots and puking because of some lack of grit ... it was something physical.

You want to piss on McNabb for the picks?

Fine ... but puking is a bullshit criticism and Owens was a dick for saying it.

I watched the interview at issue here ... McNabb didn't bring it up ... it was responding to a question about that year and why they didn't get back the next year.
        Last edited by slag; 01-23-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I watched the interview at issue here ... McNabb didn't bring it up ... it was responding to a question about that year and why they didn't get back the next year.
          He could take the high road on a 15 year old issue. He rarely does that, though.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Super Bowl LII vaporized McNabb for the same reason we can root for Andy Reid now. Tom Brady is venerated, Tony Eason is not. John Elway is venerated, Craig Morton is not.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              Super Bowl LII vaporized McNabb for the same reason we can root for Andy Reid now. Tom Brady is venerated, Tony Eason is not. John Elway is venerated, Craig Morton is not.
              Yeah, but McNabb had a way better career than Eason and Morton and probably could have still been a fan favorite if he hadn't played the goofball.

I'm pretty sure Marino is more venerated than Griese, as is Jurgensen over Doug Williams.

Shit, Allen Iverson and Jaws probably still have fans offering to buy them drinks in Philly.

Comment

He could have taken the high road, but he choose not to. I don’t blame McNabb for the SB lost. I still blame the DB who tried to bait Brady in throwing the pass and his gamble gave up a TD.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yeah, but McNabb had a way better career than Eason and Morton and probably could have still been a fan favorite if he hadn't played the goofball.

I'm pretty sure Marino is more venerated than Griese, as is Jurgensen over Doug Williams.

Shit, Allen Iverson and Jaws probably still have fans offering to buy them drinks in Philly.
                  I take issue with your second point. I have no doubt among Miami lifers that Bob Griese is more revered than Dan Marino.

Pat Mahomes is unquestionably the best QB to ever play for Kansas City, but until he lifts the Lombardi Trophy he’s no Len Dawson.
                  Last edited by RSE; 01-23-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X