Sadly, Embiid doesn’t get IT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly, Embiid doesn’t get IT.

IT means showing up nightly, be it a Christmas Day against the Bucks or a Tuesday night in Atlanta. IT means listening to legends like Shaq and Charles telling him to bring it nightly, agreeing to listen but apparently not. IT is a guy like Allen Iverson squeezing every ounce of himself on a nightly basis, leading a team in 2001 and stepping over Tyrunne Lue. IT is a backup QB catching a TD pass from an undrafted TE on a ball pitched to him from an undrafted RB on the biggest stage possible and methodically marching his team down the field in the 4th Q against the Patriots, looking as if he has done it a million times before. I’m no expert, don’t claim to be, but my eyes work just as well as they tell me this guy just doesn’t have IT, no bigger disappointment than that.

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
    IT means showing up nightly, be it a Christmas Day against the Bucks or a Tuesday night in Atlanta. IT means listening to legends like Shaq and Charles telling him to bring it nightly, agreeing to listen but apparently not. IT is a guy like Allen Iverson squeezing every ounce of himself on a nightly basis, leading a team in 2001 and stepping over Tyrunne Lue. IT is a backup QB catching a TD pass from an undrafted TE on a ball pitched to him from an undrafted RB on the biggest stage possible and methodically marching his team down the field in the 4th Q against the Patriots, looking as if he has done it a million times before. I’m no expert, don’t claim to be, but my eyes work just as well as they tell me this guy just doesn’t have IT, no bigger disappointment than that.
    Couldn’t agree more. Sadly, he’s got the ability to be a top 5 player. He never will be...

Comment

That’s the frustrating part, I remember Shaq and Charles telling him greatness doesn’t take nights off, I’m paraphrasing this but that’s what I took from it. This same disinterested superstar wore Kobe’s 24 after getting permission from Bobby Jones, I thought, maybe the lightbulb went on, 1-11 against a watered down Celtics team says otherwise.

Comment

Let's not go crazy here. He's being poorly coached. They run an offense where the center averages four three-point attempts and the point guard averages zero. Embiid plays most of the games out of a position. I know Popovich is not a realistic option at this time but there's no way he would use Embiid the way he is here. Sure, Embiid needs to be better but he also needs to have better direction. He's not getting it here. Brown is also stunting the growth of Simmons. Also, I guess Average Al isn't the veteran leader/example we we're hoping for either (I had a feeling he was a fraud when he didn't step in when that fight broke out earlier in the season). It's going to suck if this team can't find the right replacement once Brown is shitcanned.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
          Bump. He is getting annihilated tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
            Let's not go crazy here. He's being poorly coached. They run an offense where the center averages four three-point attempts and the point guard averages zero. Embiid plays most of the games out of a position. I know Popovich is not a realistic option at this time but there's no way he would use Embiid the way he is here. Sure, Embiid needs to be better but he also needs to have better direction. He's not getting it here. Brown is also stunting the growth of Simmons. Also, I guess Average Al isn't the veteran leader/example we we're hoping for either (I had a feeling he was a fraud when he didn't step in when that fight broke out earlier in the season). It's going to suck if this team can't find the right replacement once Brown is shitcanned.
            I see both sides. The construction of the team is brutal. But him being a little pussy is inexcusable.

Comment

Embiid wants to win and knows he's picking up other's slack. He attempted 10 threes and Average Al attempted 13 last night (We all know how many Simmons attempted). Totally unacceptable. Simmons not shooting means he doesn't open the floor up for the others which will eventually cause a divide in the locker room if it hasn't already. Brown made a career of tanking and got a lot of money to do so. They owe him nothing at this point.

Comment

Embiid wants to win and knows he's picking up other's slack. He attempted 10 threes and Average Al attempted 13 last night (We all know how many Simmons attempted). Totally unacceptable. Simmons not shooting means he doesn't open the floor up for the others which will eventually cause a divide in the locker room if it hasn't already. Brown made a career of tanking and got a lot of money to do so. They owe him nothing at this point.
                I'd like to see Simmons shoot more, but his drawing 2 or 3 guys every time he has the ball near the paint opens up the floor for everyone. Obviously he isn't a point guard. He shouldn't be playing out there to begin with. I don't know what the answer is - maybe him and Embiid can't play together. I'd be willing to bet a competent coach could figure out something that works.

The whole thing stinks.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-07-2020, 11:23 AM.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

On the flip side, if Simmons shot outside the paint, it would draw defenders out which would give Embiid and others even more space. Regardless, when a defense knows he isn't going to shoot, it hurts the entire offense. It always will. You're right, Simmons is not a point guard. His shooting limitations makes him more of a forward. The problem is Ben gets what Ben wants. Nobody will stand up to him. He has the talent. He doesn't have the direction. Brown is a doormat. If you want to be really frustrated, just watch Embiid run around the parameter on offense. There's no synergy. It's even worse when Average Al is in. This coach is being ignored. That's when it's time to move on. I'm confident he'll be gone sooner than later.

Comment

On the flip side, if Simmons shot outside the paint, it would draw defenders out which would give Embiid and others even more space. Regardless, when a defense knows he isn't going to shoot, it hurts the entire offense. It always will. You're right, Simmons is not a point guard. His shooting limitations makes him more of a forward. The problem is Ben gets what Ben wants. Nobody will stand up to him. He has the talent. He doesn't have the direction. Brown is a doormat. If you want to be really frustrated, just watch Embiid run around the parameter on offense. There's no synergy. It's even worse when Average Al is in. This coach is being ignored. That's when it's time to move on. I'm confident he'll be gone sooner than later.
                    Don't disagree with anything you say. There are a lot of egos on this team and he has one of the biggest. Brown was great at managing a last place G League roster. His personality is overmatched with this roster. It isn't working.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'M NO HOOPS EXPERT BUT A 7 FOOTER NEEDS TO LIVE IN THE PAINT, SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR THE ARC. BAD COACHNG IF ASK ME.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                      X