Clear All

• Settled once and for all...

Fuck you, 5.
    Charismatic megafauna.

I’m right with you.

Comment

Originally posted by HEREisAKERS View Post
      Fuck you, 5.
      Thought the exact same thing. Reid just said as much postgame “we’re down two scores, it was time to let it roll” can’t do that with a choke artist. Fucking McNabb.

Comment

Yup no Mcpuke who didn't know what plays were being called and upchucking

Comment

Andy Reid finally figured out you go hurry up down two scores late and it's on McNabb ... right.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh yeah, and (as DIggle pointed out) he finally figured out you get a young stud QB killer receivers too.

McNabb has two rings if he had KC's skill guys when he was ... well, when he was Pat Mahomes in his first few years ... and everyone here who is honest knows it.

I'm happy for Reid, but pissing on McNabb is baloney.
          Last edited by slag; 02-03-2020, 09:08 AM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Andy Reid finally figured out you go hurry up down two scores late and it's on McNabb ... right.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh yeah, and (as DIggle pointed out) he finally figured out you get a young stud QB killer receivers too.

McNabb has two rings if he had KC's skill guys when he was ... well, when he was Pat Mahomes in his first few years ... and everyone here who is honest knows it.

I am pretty certain Reid does whatever Mahomes wants to do.

The difference between McNabb and Mahomes is that Mahomes is a born quarterback and McNabb was not. McNabb had to work hard to learn to do things that came naturally to Mahomes. If you gave McNabb the weapons Mahomes has he’d still never be Mahomes.

I texted my daughter last night that watching Mahomes was like watching Trevor Lawrence in the national championship game, a great quarterback who just didn’t have it that night. But Mahomes refused to get down and gutted out a win.

Comment

McNabb was a different QB early than he became later ... I think the pressure wore him down

EDITED TO ADD: And my comment on McNabb being Mahomes was more about his physical skills ... McNabb was ridiculous early on ... cover of Madden blah blah
              Last edited by slag; 02-03-2020, 09:52 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

ANDY LEARNED FROM HIS MISTAKES, 5 DID WHAT HE COULD DO WITH THE NON-TALENT THEY SURROUNDED HIM WITH.

TRENT SAID IT LAST NIGHT, YA GIVE 5 THE WEAPONS MAHOMES HAS AND HE WINS A FEW....
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

It took Reid 9 years to hit big on a wide receiver in any way, shape, or form. If there’s one thing he got demonstrably better at over his 20 years, finding pass catchers is it. That’s a big reason why he’s the champ today.

There’s no good reason to use this as an occasion to tear down Donovan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

It took Reid 9 years to hit big on a wide receiver in any way, shape, or form. If there’s one thing he got demonstrably better at over his 20 years, finding pass catchers is it. That’s a big reason why he’s the champ today.

There’s no good reason to use this as an occasion to tear down Donovan.
                    CORRECT. NOTHING FROM ANDY FINALLY LEARNING, FINALLY GETTING OVER THE HUMP, HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MCNABB.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

McNabb was a different QB early than he became later ... I think the pressure wore him down

EDITED TO ADD: And my comment on McNabb being Mahomes was more about his physical skills ... McNabb was ridiculous early on ... cover of Madden blah blah
                      I thought McNabb was going to be truly great. Then he hurt his ankle in 2002. He was far from 100% physically for the playoffs. I think the Tampa fiasco did a number on his head, and you could see the hangover the following season when he was piss poor until Westbrook returned that punt in the Meadowlands.

Comment

Celebrating Reid and Mahomes doesn't mean you have to bash 5. McNabb was a very good QB and definitely had the skills to win a SB. Just didn't work out. Marino never won one, either, and he was demonstrably one of the best ever.

Pats (with or without the cheating) were much better on D than the 2019 49ers, which is saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I thought McNabb was going to be truly great. Then he hurt his ankle in 2002. He was far from 100% physically for the playoffs. I think the Tampa fiasco did a number on his head, and you could see the hangover the following season when he was piss poor until Westbrook returned that punt in the Meadowlands.
                          I agree. But I also think he was always a bit of a head case.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                          X