Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, can we consider Wentz a top tier QB in this league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, can we consider Wentz a top tier QB in this league?

After watching the game last night, I'm not so sure.

I think Wentz has the capability of being good but there are a number of QBs who are definitively better, IMO. Maybe he's tier 1a, not second tier.

I will say this, however. If the Eagles could win a SB with BDN, they should be able to win one with Wentz.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

after watchin Garop and most of the NFC qb's this year..yes NP,,give him those weapons and you will see a big jump..Breese will retire that leaves Rogers, Cousins, Wilson, Wentz is right in there, and still young. PM is his own thing,,Just like wilson was when he burst onto the scene.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

When you consider that he is the first QB in league history to throw for 4,000 yards and have no WRs even eclipse 500 yards for the season--that's what 31 yards per game--I believe he is.

Comment

When you consider all the other QB's have legit weapons at the WR spot and he doesn't and still puts up comparable numbers, ya he is top tier.

Everyone on TV putting Deshaun Watson up there as a top tier QB in the league well here are this years stats for comparison:

Watson: 67.3 comp% 3852 yards 7.8 yrds/att 26td 12 int (WR Hopkins, Fuller, Kenny Stills)

Wentz: 63.9 com% 4039 yards 6.7 yrds/att 27td 7 int (WR Aggs, Ward, and a bunch of guys we never heard of)

Ya, trade the WR group and give Wentz one of the top 3 WR in the NFL and 2 extremely good WRs and he is 5k yards 40+ td if not better.

Tell me a top tier QB with a shitty WR group like Wentz had this year? Cause he was till hurt last year and the SB year he was the presumptive MVP till he blew out his knee!

Comment

Wentz is top tier. Mahomes might be the best in the league right now. Doesn't diminish Wentz. Was Peyton better than Brees and Brady? Who cares?!

But warning to Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson, et al--they keep getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
            Wentz is top tier. Mahomes might be the best in the league right now. Doesn't diminish Wentz. Was Peyton better than Brees and Brady? Who cares?!

But warning to Wentz, Mahomes, Jackson, et al--they keep getting better!
            Mahomes is definitely on another level and is 24. Kid is special and I would say is best in class hands down no debate.

Comment

There’s no getting around the skill positions argument. The answer is unknowable right now.

A year from now, I think we’re going to be a better position to make a fair comparison.
              Last edited by The Duck; 02-03-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                There’s no getting around the skill positions argument. The answer is unknowable right now.

A year from now, I think we’re going to be a better position to make a fair comparison.
                I think it is still too early to say he's top tier. The talent is there. The leadership skills are apparent after last season (I'll eat some crow on that point). Still, I think you have to win a playoff game before you become an upper tier QB. I assume we are talking top 5 or so.
                Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-03-2020, 04:12 PM.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Throw out the oldsters, Brady, Brees, Roeth, and even Wilson at this point. What other young QB other than Mahomes would you really want?
                  Get Wentz legit weapons and then we can decide, it is still amazing what he accomplished with very few arrows in his quiver this year.
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I think it is still too early to say he's top tier. The talent is there. The leadership skills are apparent after last season (I'll eat some crow on that point). Still, I think you have to win a playoff game before you become an upper tier QB. I assume we are talking top 5 or so.
                    We don't have enough evidence to say either way. He's had a weird, all-over-the-place career so far. One MVP level run, two seasons ended by injury, two seasons with the worst wide receiver corps in the league, and only two complete seasons (with a 16-16 record between them)... I honestly have no clue what he is. I think loading up the offense is going to be Howie's top priority this off-season, so I don't think we're going to have to wait too much longer to see how good he can really be (as long as he stays healthy).

2020 is a huge year for him. Absolutely huge.
                    Last edited by The Duck; 02-03-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I think he is a top tier QB. He’s not elite. To me top tier is a top 8 or so QB. I know “elite” debates are played out, but I’m not sure who I’d put in that tier right now besides Wilson and Mahomes. Maybe Brees. Wentz definitely could get back to that level.

Comment

Top 12.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

BRIWN is TOTAL DOG SHIT

Comment

Eh I wasn't that impressed with Mahomes - yeah he pulled it out in the end but almost blew it with 2 ints. And that one big reception in the 4th was more on the receiver than him, he just chucked it under pressure a la Sheli. I think if Wentz had the receivers Mahomes has he'd def be "elite".
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                              Eh I wasn't that impressed with Mahomes - yeah he pulled it out in the end but almost blew it with 2 ints. And that one big reception in the 4th was more on the receiver than him, he just chucked it under pressure a la Sheli. I think if Wentz had the receivers Mahomes has he'd def be "elite".
                              Mahomes wasn’t great in the SB, but he was in the previous two rounds. He’s the only QB right now with an NBA star-like ability to take over a game. It doesn’t matter if the Chiefs are trailing and he doesn’t need a running game. He’s like peak Rodgers. I think only Wilson is close to Mahomes right now.

I do agree that if Wentz had the same receivers he’d be thought of as a top 5 QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X