No announcement yet.

Is it too soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covington was traded to the Rockets last night. Thank goodness. He was not a good fit for what they need right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post

nor is he content with Ben’s REFUSAL to ATTEMPT jumpers. It’s quite simple, IMO.
      I've changed my opinion a bit on this. His game is improving every year. His effort is undeniable. I know we joke about him being "elite" but his defense is now elite. It's not debatable. Given the totality of what he does, harping on jumpers is losing the forest for the trees. It's because of how Brown runs the offense that we focus on his jumpers. Would I like to see him shoot more jumpers? Sure. Wouldn't it be great for him to be amazing at everything. But my preference right now would be to get a coach who can maximize his already very large skill set. And if that coach is strong enough of a personality to get him to expand his game further (which Brown obviously isn't capable of) then that would be ideal.

Don't get me wrong - I want him to develop a jumper. But I was wrong that his failure to do so would hold the team back. Brown is holding the team back. Simmons's lack of a jump shot, given all of the issues with this team right now, is not near the top of the list IMO. It's just a constant talking point.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

I've changed my opinion a bit on this. His game is improving every year. His effort is undeniable. I know we joke about him being "elite" but his defense is now elite. It's not debatable. Given the totality of what he does, harping on jumpers is losing the forest for the trees. It's because of how Brown runs the offense that we focus on his jumpers. Would I like to see him shoot more jumpers? Sure. Wouldn't it be great for him to be amazing at everything. But my preference right now would be to get a coach who can maximize his already very large skill set. And if that coach is strong enough of a personality to get him to expand his game further (which Brown obviously isn't capable of) then that would be ideal.

Don't get me wrong - I want him to develop a jumper. But I was wrong that his failure to do so would hold the team back. Brown is holding the team back. Simmons's lack of a jump shot, given all of the issues with this team right now, is not near the top of the list IMO. It's just a constant talking point.
        You are correct. The jumper-issue is not near the top. My point was really that Ben doesn’t attempt them because Brown is too much of a coward to force Ben to implement this into the offense.

Comment

Wish they kept Butler somehow.

Comment

Brown and Brand must go.

Comment

Josh Harris owns three teams of which I know:
              Sixers, NJ Devils and Crystal Palace in the EPL.
              Each one of them is a shit show within their respective leagues.
              The biggest problems are at the top.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
              X