No offensive coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No offensive coordinator

They couldn't get anyone to take the gig, so they're going without. Press Taylor promoted to "Passing Game Coordinator". Nothing whatsoever has changed.
    Last edited by The Duck; 02-05-2020, 02:05 PM.

Everyone they talked to backed out I wonder why? They knew they had not chance to really contribute. They even had a discussion with Orlovsky and nothing materialized. I can only hope this is just a wait and see to keep it open for McCown or not really liking Doug having a go at it by himself.

I know they are bringing on a few guys from the outside but really it all boils down to all in Doug.

Comment

If Doug is going to be calling the plays anyway, why have a puppet OC?
      Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
        If Doug is going to be calling the plays anyway, why have a puppet OC?
        Agree, a O.C. is worthless unless he is calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Agree, a O.C. is worthless unless he is calling plays.
          It's kinda nice to have another mind in the building that can help put a game plan together. After all, isn't that really what Reich did?

It's more about bouncing ideas off each other and someone being able to say hey this may work or that may not work or run here not there to come up with a strategy on GameDay and also help to make adjustments at half time.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            They couldn't get anyone to take the gig, so they're going without. Press Taylor promoted to "Passing Game Coordinator". Nothing whatsoever has changed.
            DC Pees for the Titans recently retired and the Titans announced they will not hire a DC to replace him.

I think more teams will do this. Under this new arrangement, other teams are less likely to promote an Eagles offensive coach to a HC position. If they try to take one for a OC position, the Eagles have an option to block them by promoting that coach to OC.

Comment

Reverse Juan Castillo
              WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

DC Pees for the Titans recently retired and the Titans announced they will not hire a DC to replace him.

I think more teams will do this. Under this new arrangement, other teams are less likely to promote an Eagles offensive coach to a HC position. If they try to take one for a OC position, the Eagles have an option to block them by promoting that coach to OC.
                I’m fine with the structure. What bothered me was the fact that all of their first choices said no. I have no idea how a college guy like Graham Harrell turns down an OC position on a team two seasons removed from a Super Bowl. It doesn’t make any sense to me.
                Last edited by The Duck; 02-09-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X