The Terrell Owens effect on Howie Roseman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Terrell Owens effect on Howie Roseman

There were a few articles and posts here on positions Roseman has had trouble finding talented players. Such positions include WR, CB, and LB. For the first two, some of these players have personalities that tend toward a "me first" approach reminiscent of how TO and other top players demonstrate. Based on his poor experience with TO, it makes sense that Roseman became calibrated to minimize these personalities when building the team so much so to remove these players from consideration. The question is whether Roseman is going too far and needs to reconsider his method of rating these players so that he isn't excluding players whose personalities can be managed by team leaders.

Roseman had nothing to do with Owens. At that time he was just a cap guy. Banner and Heckert headed the FO at that time. Roseman didn’t become GM until 2010 and even then, Reid made all the decisions about players.

Comment

I remember Owens saying when he wanted the new contract in 2005 he was dealing with some guy named Howie. So Roseman was involved in the negotiations. Yes, Banner and Heckert ran the FO, but Roseman was present to experience the craziness and I think likely affected how he makes decisions now that he is in charge.

Comment

Working...
      X