Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dim Jr. Question

He asks, "You can pick any QB/WR combination for President/VP. Who ya got?"

We both lost our shit when we suggested Donnie Mac and T.O.

Who ya got?
    DB

Peyton Manning/Marvin Harrison

Peyton is the intelligent, witty statesman. Harrison plays the quiet #2, while handling all the shady stuff on the DL.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-06-2020, 09:41 AM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Steve Young with Jerry Rice. Quality and class all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
        Steve Young with Jerry Rice. Quality and class all the way around.
        Young is a lawyer too, isn't he? Smart guy regardless. Maybe Jim Kelly and Andre Reed.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Young is a lawyer too, isn't he? Smart guy regardless. Maybe Jim Kelly and Andre Reed.
          As the Wizard of Oz taught us, conferring a degree on someone is not the same as conferring a brain. I’ve known plenty of lawyers who I wouldn’t trust to run a lemonade stand.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

As the Wizard of Oz taught us, conferring a degree on someone is not the same as conferring a brain. I’ve known plenty of lawyers who I wouldn’t trust to run a lemonade stand.
            I have to give you credit - I've used this line several times with clients. Usually really smart business owners who never graduated college or even high school. My son is a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan so it has always resonated with me. Also,I'm an idiot with advanced degrees so it proves the point that way as well...
            Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-06-2020, 12:38 PM.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

That's why that word "regardless" is buried in that post o' mine.
              DB

Comment

When I was working in New York one of my partners, Tom, pulled me aside and said I needed to look at this. He handed me a memo that another one of our partners drafted to send to Tom’s client. It was the most illiterate work product I have seen in 35 years of lawyering, scary bad. And this was my law partner. If my fourth grader had brought it home for me to read I’d have thrown it in her face. They hand out JDs like breath mints these days.

Comment

I worked with another guy whose son had 1590 SATs and got a scholarship to Harvard. His dad was very proud as he should have been. Kid must have gotten it from his mom because his dad was dumb as a rock.

Comment

I worked with another guy whose son had 1590 SATs and got a scholarship to Harvard. His dad was very proud as he should have been. Kid must have gotten it from his mom because his dad was dumb as a rock.
                    I've always liked your observation about the Wizard of Oz.

My boss, who is a decent guy, is an academic at heart.

He has a blind spot in that he thinks that having more letters after your name automatically makes one more qualified. This has not gone unobserved among certain members of the staff and has resulted at times in what I would consider some bad hiring/staffing decisions.

It's interesting because my workplace just instituted new signage policies which pull all degrees from the office signage. Just your name and job title.

--------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

He asks, "You can pick any QB/WR combination for President/VP. Who ya got?"

We both lost our shit when we suggested Donnie Mac and T.O.

Who ya got?
                      Ron Jaworski and Harlod Carmichael

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Ron Jaworski and Harlod Carmichael
                        I think you mean "Harlot" Carmichael. She was fun.
                        DB

Comment

When I was working in New York one of my partners, Tom, pulled me aside and said I needed to look at this. He handed me a memo that another one of our partners drafted to send to Tom’s client. It was the most illiterate work product I have seen in 35 years of lawyering, scary bad. And this was my law partner. If my fourth grader had brought it home for me to read I’d have thrown it in her face. They hand out JDs like breath mints these days.
                          At BU I was in law school with a class of 365 students. Of them, there was only one I'd go to after we graduated for legal advice.
                          DB

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

It's interesting because my workplace just instituted new signage policies which pull all degrees from the office signage. Just your name and job title.
                            Does this include degrees AND unknown dubious certifications in email signatures?

v/r
                            AthensEagle, PMP., CPT., BFD., SOL., WTF.

Comment

Unitas/Berry
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X