Cowcunts are Tagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowcunts are Tagging

Both Prescott and Cooper, which will cost them 43 million against their cap, WOW good luck with that Crypt Keeper. Mr Fantasy football is going all in with a mediocre QB and a WR that gave up last season.

correct me if I am wrong, but can't you only tag 1 player per year so how is this even true or possible??

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
      correct me if I am wrong, but can't you only tag 1 player per year so how is this even true or possible??
      CAN ONLY TAG ONE PLAYER PER YEAR.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

exactly what I thought. So where is this nonsense above coming from that "both are getting tagged" lol

Comment

The rules are odd this year. Something to do with the CBA ending. Teams can use both their franchise and transition tags. You can google If you want detail.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The rules are odd this year. Something to do with the CBA ending. Teams can use both their franchise and transition tags. You can google If you want detail.

Comment

exactly what I thought. So where is this nonsense above coming from that "both are getting tagged" lol
              I think one would get the franchise tag (probably Dak) while the other got the transition tag. IIRC teams have to trade a transition player when offered two firsts, whereas they don't have to trade the franchise player.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                so this is a one year thing? Don't remember this ever being the norm it was either or I believe?

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                  Both Prescott and Cooper, which will cost them 43 million against their cap, WOW good luck with that Crypt Keeper. Mr Fantasy football is going all in with a mediocre QB and a WR that gave up last season.
                  More importantly, where are you seeing this news that they're tagging them? I can't find this anywhere.

Comment

so this is a one year thing? Don't remember this ever being the norm it was either or I believe?
                    Apparently. And if they pass the new CBA, there will only be one this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...-tags-in-2020/

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

Under the present CBA you can franchise tag one player which would require a team who successfully signs him to an offer the Cowboys don’t match 2 1st round picks (if they use the non exclusive franchise tag; if they use the exclusive franchise tag only the Cowboys can negotiate with him).

They can use the transition tag as well which in essence means a team would be negotiating for the Cowboys since they can match it but recieve no compensation if they don’t.

Comment

The rules relating to franchise and transition tags are different for 2020, which is the 10th and final year of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement. In the CBA's other nine years, teams could designate one impending free agent as a franchise or transition player. 2020 allows for the use of a franchise and a transition tag so teams can keep two players with expiring contracts from hitting the open market.
                        Unless there is a new CBA before June. Which is likely because it will help with the upcoming television contracts.

Comment

Working...
                        X