NFL adding two playoff teams in 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL adding two playoff teams in 2020

7 from each conference now. I guess that means three games on WC weekend and only one bye. Unofficial, but Schefter Tweeting it’s a done deal.

The dilution of the product continues.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Don’t like it. 44% of teams now get playoff birth. That’s just fucking stupid.

Comment

Jesus Christ I hate this.

Edit: I'm to blame because I'll still watch. But eventually these owners will learn not to mess with a good product.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 02-19-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

What next, participation trophies?
          Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

wow this suxs ass
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

While I don't love it, I do like it. We know this is about money, but it will give the end of the season a different dynamic with a 7th playoff spot as well as the first round bye only going to one team. Wildcard weekend will be awesome

Sounds like a lot of people don't like this - look for McMahon to pull some strings so that a 7 seed makes or wins a super bowl within the first few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                Don’t like it. 44% of teams now get playoff birth. That’s just fucking stupid.
                The thing I really don’t like about this is that it really diminishes the value of the 2 seed. They will now have to win 3 games to get to the SB, just a wild card team. The 1 seed will gain a tremendous advantage
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Follow the money ... my understanding is that there's more to it than this ... they're also eliminating a preseason game and adding another regular season game.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The NFLPA shouldn't just roll over and give this up by the weekend. I'd play hardball on this and leverage other asks to the fullest.

I'd never trust the owners to negotiate in good faith on the next CBA if the NFLPA 'threw them a bone' on this.

Players should let the owners lock them out next year until they get the majority of their wish list. I would not budge on 100% guaranteed contracts (like MLB and NBA) and better monthly pensions/lifetime benefits for retired players.

I hope the players stick it up their asses next time.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Follow the money ... my understanding is that there's more to it than this ... they're also eliminating a preseason game and adding another regular season game.
                      I'm hearing that now too. I don't mind one more real game and one less fake game, but I'm with IE. The one seed is going to have a massive advantage now. With an extra game, that bye week is going to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

The thing I really don’t like about this is that it really diminishes the value of the 2 seed. They will now have to win 3 games to get to the SB, just a wild card team. The 1 seed will gain a tremendous advantage
                        This is the part I am iffy about as well but could see myself liking it over time. The 2-5 seed have a chance to host a 2nd round playoff game depending on the wildcard weekend results.

Comment

I still don't understand why they don't add another bye week and stretch the season out to mid-February where the Super Bowl can be on President's Day weekend. Adding the bye week will increase television revenue while throwing a bone to the players. If they don't want to move the Super Bowl off Sundays, President's Day weekend makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            7 from each conference now. I guess that means three games on WC weekend and only one bye. Unofficial, but Schefter Tweeting it’s a done deal.
                            Trying like hell to get the Cowcunts in the playoffs

Comment

From what I’m reading they’re giving the players more in the area of less practices during training camp and the regular season; smoking weed once you get tested for it before training camp is no longer going to get you suspended; there’s going to be an arbitrator handling discipline instead of it going straight to Goodell. JJ Watt and Richard Sherman have already giving it the thumbs down—apparently over the 17th game; the weekly pay for a 17th game will be capped at 250K; also all playoff teams, including the bye team will get a playoff payment from the first weekend; previously if your team got a bye, players on those teams didn’t receive playoff payments.

Comment

Working...
                              X