OT: Best/Worst Insurance Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Best/Worst Insurance Ads

Since they seem to be saturating during televised sporting events, here's my opinion:

Best: Geico
    Worst: Liberty Mutual
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

The Allstate mayhem ads had a good run. They're fading now.

Flo from Progressive has never come close to making me laugh.
    Last edited by The Duck; 02-22-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Flo from Progressive has never come close to making me laugh.
      Flo is definitely not funny. I'd put those ads up for contention as worst.

--------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

LiMu Emu! and Doug.

They had me with the 1972 Plymouth Duster.

My three favs:

Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Ads for The General.
          They just sux
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post
            LiMu Emu! and Doug.

They had me with the 1972 Plymouth Duster.

My three favs:

That campaign is a the most annoying blatant attempt to copy a rival company with a "spokes-animal" in the history of advertising.

But its so bad its good ... because the object of advertising is to make you remember the name of the product, and those commercials suck such an enormous dick that they've made me remember the fucking company.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              I was always a fan of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

That campaign is a the most annoying blatant attempt to copy a rival company with a "spokes-animal" in the history of advertising.

But its so bad its good ... because the object of advertising is to make you remember the name of the product, and those commercials suck such an enormous dick that they've made me remember the fucking company.
                "So bad it's good" YES! At first I was so annoyed at these commercials because these seemed so mindless. Once they overplayed them, I started looking deeper into them.

First commercial - The Emu shakes the paper and Doug takes it as a No, then he pukes up the coins and Doug takes it as "you can save a lot of money"

Second commercial - After Doug explains LiMu's behavior; with a mouth full of sandwich says, "He'll figure it out"

Third commercial - After his slow motion, full out sprint he tries to talk but is doubled over and winded. That's what happens in real life versus Hollywood would have had him talking normally.

That being said, the new series of commercials aren't as deep and funny. They've jumped the shark.
                Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo View Post

"So bad it's good" YES! At first I was so annoyed at these commercials because these seemed so mindless. Once they overplayed them, I started looking deeper into them.

First commercial - The Emu shakes the paper and Doug takes it as a No, then he pukes up the coins and Doug takes it as "you can save a lot of money"

Second commercial - After Doug explains LiMu's behavior; with a mouth full of sandwich says, "He'll figure it out"

Third commercial - After his slow motion, full out sprint he tries to talk but is doubled over and winded. That's what happens in real life versus Hollywood would have had him talking normally.

That being said, the new series of commercials aren't as deep and funny. They've jumped the shark.
                  Not what I meant ... I find nothing to see in any deep dive into that shit pile except to recognize that they suck so bad you remember the company ... which is advertising good ... not good good.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Not what I meant ... I find nothing to see in any deep dive into that shit pile except to recognize that they suck so bad you remember the company ... which is advertising good ... not good good.
                    I do feel that way about the 'free phone football' commercials. I have to hit the mute button for those. I do remember that I can watch football on my phone for free. :-/
                    Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                    X