No announcement yet.

Even Roseman can't f*ck this up, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Roseman can't f*ck this up, right?

RIGHT?!

The best position is obvious. In fact, when I asked McShay what position was best, I told him I knew the answer, and just needed him to say it: “receiver.” McShay said he has eight receivers in his top 27 overall, and 20 with first-, second- or third-round grades. Likewise, Jeremiah says he has 22 or 23 in that category, where in a normal year he’d have 12-14.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/24/nf...ombine-preview

I feel better about our chances with #Diamondjoe up the Turnpike.

Comment

It should require a permission slip for him to draft someone from a school other than Bama, LSU or Clemson.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        RIGHT?!

The best position is obvious. In fact, when I asked McShay what position was best, I told him I knew the answer, and just needed him to say it: “receiver.” McShay said he has eight receivers in his top 27 overall, and 20 with first-, second- or third-round grades. Likewise, Jeremiah says he has 22 or 23 in that category, where in a normal year he’d have 12-14.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/02/24/nf...ombine-preview
        To answer your question, he surely will. Since the draft is "deep" with talented WRs, he'll do a Howie and bank on one being available later. Hence, we'll get B, J and / or C with our first two - maybe 3 - picks. Time to GAMBLE again, a la Sydney Jones, etc...
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post

To answer your question, he surely will. Since the draft is "deep" with talented WRs, he'll do a Howie and bank on one being available later. Hence, we'll get B, J and / or C with our first two - maybe 3 - picks. Time to GAMBLE again, a la Sydney Jones, etc...
          Jones was a risk reward deal,,Obviously so far No reward. Howie has to pull his head out of his ass and draft a Linebacker worth something. Need a couple Db's too.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            It should require a permission slip for him to draft someone from a school other than Bama, LSU or Clemson.

Rumor has it there is this great prospect from Whowhat St. , he is a semi professional skier and in his free time operates as a volunteer firefighter.

shhhhh....done tell anyone....just can’t wait to show the league how sneaky smart we are.
            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

It doesn't matter where Howie picks, he will always be favored to draft a B, C or JJ when it comes to a deep wideout draft. My money is on Brandon Aiyuk in the second round right now. That may change after the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

Rumor has it there is this great prospect from Whowhat St. , he is a semi professional skier and in his free time operates as a volunteer firefighter.

shhhhh....done tell anyone....just can’t wait to show the league how sneaky smart we are.
                BINGO!!!!
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Roseman's had some very good drafts in the past. The top of the first round in 2013 was a BCJ minefield, and he nailed the single best pick in that draft, and then followed it up with Ertz in the second. The 2012 draft won them a Super Bowl. The 2016 draft got them there.

I think all of the criticism of the past year is going to be the best thing that've happened to Howie in a while. I doubt we see a whole lot of smarter-than-you bullshit "value" picks this year.
                  Last edited by The Duck; 02-25-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I’m betting on big and slow that can go up and get the ball
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'm betting we end up with at least one of Ruggs/Aiyuk/Reagor/Hamler/Shenault.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                        Roseman's had some very good drafts in the past. The top of the first round in 2013 was a BCJ minefield, and he nailed the single best pick in that draft, and then followed it up with Ertz in the second. The 2012 draft won them a Super Bowl. The 2016 draft got them there.

I think all of the criticism of the past year is going to be the best thing that've happened to Howie in a while. I doubt we see a whole lot of smarter-than-you bullshit "value" picks this year.

Don't most people who cover the team think 2012 was more of Chip pushing roseman aside and selecting players that Ed Maryonwitz ranked? There was less Roseman involvement that year, right? that's the impression I got.

I give Roseman credit for his ability to move around in the draft and work with contracts, etc. Getting up for Wentz was absolute brilliance
                        But, he is a straight up chump ass mf'er when it comes to picking players and identifying talent. He should be stripped entirely of any say or power he has when it comes to selecting players and/or setting up a draft board.

Comment

2014 was really the first draft with Roseman locked in the closet. 2012 was with Andy, 2013 was the draft when Chip just got into the building, 2014 was when things started to go batshit.

When Howie sticks to the consensus players on his board, and isn't trying to impress his peers with his scouting prowess, he does a decent job. He has his back against the wall this year. I think you're going to see a lot of popular picks in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            2014 was really the first draft with Roseman locked in the closet. 2012 was with Andy, 2013 was the draft when Chip just got into the building, 2014 was when things started to go batshit.

When Howie sticks to the consensus players on his board, and isn't trying to impress his peers with his scouting prowess, he does a decent job. He has his back against the wall this year. I think you're going to see a lot of popular picks in this draft.
                            i meant 2013 draft i thought was more chip kelly than roseman, not 2012. the year we (they) got Lane and Ertz

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

i meant 2013 draft i thought was more chip kelly than roseman, not 2012. the year we (they) got Lane and Ertz
                              edited to add -- just another reason to hate the eagles' approach to drafting players. without a real GM where does the buck stop? things go sideways or draft a ton of shitheads everybody has an out. 'it was a group decision!'

Hold people accountable for these drafts. buck must stop somewhere. too easy to weasel out of shit with the way they're doing it now.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3700&type=team
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-25-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X