Bwah!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwah!!

"And then we know that no matter how good you are in the draft, there is a hit and miss rate. It’s just the nature of the beast. And so the more draft picks you have, the better chance you have at hitting on guys, and we really haven’t had those."

hmmm....more picks he has the better chance he has of hitting on guys. That makes sense!

well, let's see.....howie had a shitload of draft picks in 2017, 2016, 2014, 2011, and 2010. I see a lot more miss than hit. some of those are almost entirely 'miss'.

This ain't battleship, brother.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-25-2020, 04:55 PM.

I read some stat a few years ago that the hit rate between free agents and draft picks wasn’t that much different..something @ 40%...only nasty thing is with FA as it involves more $$$ and less career time for players to turn it around.

Either way this draft is all Roseman & Pedey.....nowhere to hide if it goes sideways too much.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      I read some stat a few years ago that the hit rate between free agents and draft picks wasn’t that much different..something @ 40%...only nasty thing is with FA as it involves more $$$ and less career time for players to turn it around.

Either way this draft is all Roseman & Pedey.....nowhere to hide if it goes sideways too much.
      Like the rest of the team, Howie seems to do his best work when his back is against the wall a bit. Post-Chip, emasculated Howie was the best Howie. I think his head swelled again a bit after the SB.
      Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-26-2020, 01:55 PM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        I think his head swelled again a bit after the SB.
        Agreed. I mean wth was he drinking/smoking at the time when he guaranteed Alshons contract?

Comment

I know this is just one year, but isn't 2016 as good a draft as can reasonably be expected? Howie hit on a franchise QB and two contributors on the OL. Jalen Mills has had his struggles, but that's a hit as far as 7th round picks go.

The 2017 draft was bad but the 18 and 19 drafts have potential to be good-great. I don't really buy that Howie has struggled so much on draft day. Hitting on 2/4 as he did in 2018 isn't sustainable, so I understand what he's saying about accruing picks.

Comment

Working...
          X